MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I'm almost done with my swap, everything is on the car and working well ,except the tranny.

I bought the shaft and reverse blockout from MWR and I have a corolla xrs 6sp. all gears seem to work fine reverse... I just can't find it.

I looked @ LR library post but some pictures seem to be missing so any help is greatly appreciated

...tuning session with my friend redliner as soon as this is sorted out ...I'll post my graphs as soon as I tune

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I do hope it's that simple, I was persuasive but maybe not enough. If it's that tough my wife won't be able to use my car..... which is a good thing.

any other suggestions on what to look for?

·
Registered
703 Posts
mine works fine.
I think I made a small notch where it was hitting against causing it move the whole assembly to be able to reach the reverse.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I recently did a motor swap and changed out the to the LR reverse blockout. I could not get it in gear either. Before this I never had a problem with my reverse. I took my car to the shop and it shows that the shifter shaft and the bushing towards the end of the shaft is really worn out. I ordered the bushing and the seal from toyota and need to pick it up sometime today. Move your shifter shaft with the shift linkage assembly and everything attached. It should be nice and tight. Mines had a little play.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it fixed.. the square bracket over the shaft had too much play used another and modified it a little. don't ask me why that happened but it works fine now. tomorrow make the intake and tuning :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts