MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running either Piper's or MWR's? Just wanted to get some reviews and see if its a mod worth getting. Also is there any other company I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm running the Piper Stage 2 cams, and especially for those with the 2ZZ engine but needing to keep the Celica ECU (i.e., the OBD II) for emissions compliance concerns, this would be at the top of my list of mods. It really wakes up the small cam. I ran NA to break in my stroker engine before hooking up the Rotrex and PFC, and IMNSHO, if Toyota had produced a Spyder S model with a 2ZZ stroker engine, the Piper cam grinds and with a more aggressive ECU tune, they could have carved themselves a nice slice of the Boxster/S2000/350Z pie.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
MateoLargo is running Stge 2 Pipers in his car right now. Because of him I ordered a set for my swap.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mateo and Curt both have advised me to get the piper stage 2 cams and both speak very highly about the benefits you gain from upgrading.

I would buy one if I had extra cash on me.

Rasheed

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Monkeywrench has some pretty good charts here if you're interested in real power numbers.

-Spargo

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking to see if maybe another member dynoed the MWR stage 2 cams. I would really like to see the MWR vs Pipers. Looking to save a few bucks and put the extra money towards a bigger throttle body??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts