MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2ZZ complete swap for sale, as well as another 2ZZ engine and 2ZZ head.

2ZZ swap for MR2 with 6 speed transmission
Pulled from a running car, should be an easy swap. Includes just about everything needed.

JDM engine (40-60k miles) (bought from JDM engine supplier):
I have put about 50 street miles and 6 race miles on this engine
Lift bolts replaced, new timing chain tensioner o-ring, otherwise stock long block
Lotus coil pack cover
Black powder coated valve cover with new gasket and spark plug seals
NGK BKR6EIX spark plugs
MWR 2ZZ swap intake with K&N filter and prefilter
Saikou Michi oil catch can
MWR 2ZZ swap dipstick tube
MWR 2ZZ swap passenger side engine mount bracket
MWR alternator and water pump pulleys
Water pump is the better version (brown plastic impeller outflows the steel impeller version)
TRD 170 degree thermostat
MWR oil cooler
1ZZ oil pan with oil temp sensor
Includes both o2 sensors, complete engine wiring.
2000 Celica ECU (for emissions) and Apexi Power FC ECU (for more tuning capabilities).

Transmission:
Used C60 transmission - 4.5:1 final drive with TRD helical LSD (bought from MWR)
Has a very slight 3rd gear synchro crunch - only noticed when downshifting to 3rd without rev matching.
Lotus clutch/flywheel shield (plastic cover plate)
MWR lightweight steel flywheel w/ ARP bolts
ACT HDSS clutch (full face - clutch pedal slightly stiffer than stock) w/ ARP bolts
ACT throw out bearing
New axle seals
Insane axle shafts "500 hp" units

Lots and lots of spare parts:
coil packs, alternator, water pump, 180 degree thermostat, AC compressor,
stock PCV hoses if you don't want the oil catch can, 1ZZ oil pan

Exhaust:
Stainless steel long tube header for Lotus Elise (OBX), modified to a slightly different angle, with o2 bung
Everything else mild steel 2 1/2" diameter
Vibrant Performance V band clamp
flex pipe
wideband sensor bung (plug this if not running a wideband sensor)
hi-flow catalytic converter (200 cell), o2 bung
Borla Pro XS muffler
Works with the provided aftermarket rear crash bar to allow a higher exhaust exit (exits through bumper not below it)
To use this exhaust setup you will need to either notch the rear crossmember (like I did) or modify the header to go over it.

What do you need to get this running in your car?:
Wiring option A: You need to add four wires inside the car from the body harness to connect to the engine harness (can take pics and try to walk you through this if needed).
Wiring option B: Purchase an adapter (Monkey Wrench Racing PnP harness or similar)
Need obvious things like oil, trans fluid, coolant.
Things already in your car that need to work: slave cylinder, fuel system, battery, shifter cables, throttle cable, engine mounts - basically the things that connect to this engine should work well.
If you want AC, need to get a longer accessory belt and install the included AC compressor (or the compressor from your car).

Cost me about $8k to buy everything. Asking $4800 OBO. Local pickup only.

2ZZ engine
JDM engine supplier sourced (40-60k miles)
I used this engine for one race (so about 10 street miles and 60 race miles).
The only issue with this is I had an axle break before the race, which swung around and knocked a small corner off the block (see pic). I attempted to fix the issue with JB weld and this helped, but it still leaks oil from the crack. I believe this could be easily repaired with a better quality metal epoxy. Otherwise this engine ran great.
I put new lift bolts in and a 1ZZ oil pan with oil temp sensor, but otherwise stock. This was the cleanest looking used engine I have ever seen when I pulled the valve cover.
Mostly complete engine (from a Toyota Matrix I believe, so the wiring harness will not quite reach for use in a MR2 - but you just use the one from a 1ZZ MR2). Missing just a few small items - like oil pressure sensor, fuel rail, dipstick, AC compressor, serpentine belt, and a couple intake manifold bolts.
Cost me $1500. Make me an offer, local pickup only.

2ZZ head
Factory 2ZZ head with MWR stage 2 cams, MWR stainless vales and titanium retainers.
Fully gone through at a machine shop - hot tank clean up, 3 angle vale job etc.
New OEM parts - head gasket, head bolts (and tool), timing chain, gasket for oil pump.
MWR billet oil pump assembly.
Cost me almost $3k. Asking $2200 OBO. Prefer local pickup, can arrange shipping at cost.

The ad is very detailed and honest, but feel free to reach out with more questions or picture requests if needed.

2ZZ complete swap:
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold Machine

Valve Plumbing valve Gas Electricity Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system

2ZZ head:
Automotive engine gasket Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Household hardware Coil spring

Font Plastic wrap Wood Rectangle Plastic

Used engine:
Automotive tire Coil spring Gas Electrical supply Machine

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure if youll split it but if you can think you can give me a price on the intake manifold with throttle body, head gasket, timing chain & oil pump gasket?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the packages don't sell in a few more weeks, I will begin parting out. Thanks for the interest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts