MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good evening
I need help with the following

I have an MR2 Spyder which had a 1zz engine with automatic transmission, I changed the engine and transmission to the 2zz with 6-speed manual transmission, the problem I have is that my engine wiring does not have the connectors for the tps sensor and iddle it. air control I only have 2 cables, 1 of which is black, the connector has 4 pins and the other is square gray and also has 4 pins. I need help if I have to change cables or what should be done.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I am pretty sure that you can use the engine harness from the SMT car, but you need to make some modifications. You have to splice in a new connector for the TPS, you have to ground the wire that the SMT ECU used to provide cranking permission, you need to add the clutch safety switch if you want it, and you need to add the wires for the lift control valve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure that you can use the engine harness from the SMT car, but you need to make some modifications. You have to splice in a new connector for the TPS, you have to ground the wire that the SMT ECU used to provide cranking permission, you need to add the clutch safety switch if you want it, and you need to add the wires for the lift control valve.
Hello I understand that I have a connector of the old 4-pin tps I must cut it put a 3-pin connector that goes into the tps that I have in the 2zz and the idle valve control I have another white square connector that I imagine that I should also cut it and put a connector 3-pin I can also pass photos if they help me better thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The SMT has an electronic throttle, so there are two connectors to the throttle body. You need to cut and splice into the one that has the wires going to the correct pins on the ECU. The other connector you can just abandon.

Unless you hear from someone who is willing to lead you through the whole drill, you should get wiring diagrams for both cars and match up each sensor connection with its ECU terminal.

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,448 Posts
SMT to 2ZZ MT swap here. I cut the TPS and IACV wires and connectors from another harness and repinned at the ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts