MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, can somone show me how the 2zz is wired with the MWR connecting kit. I’m not sure if I connected them right. Every time I crank the car I get a weird noise. Thank you!

·
Registered
854 Posts
We need to know what kit you got (plug and play or flying lead kit). Also even a bit of miswiring shouldn't cause a strange noise when cranking, unless that is the noise of it trying to start...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need to know what kit you got (plug and play or flying lead kit). Also even a bit of miswiring shouldn't cause a strange noise when cranking, unless that is the noise of it trying to start...
I have the plug n play.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It just plugs right in between the ECM and MR2 harnesses - I believe the only modifications you need to do (other than installing the 1ZZ harness onto the 2ZZ engine) is connect the VVL solenoid and oil pressure sensor, hook up the correct upstream O2 sensor, and swap the 2 TPS wires. There were not instructions with the kit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts