MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone do them?

I'm located in MA and am starting to source parts out for this project. I have a mechanic with the know-how capable of doing the swap (however this is not an engine swap he has done before), but was wondering if there were any individuals or shops, ideally in MA, or up in the Northeast region of the US that have done 2ZZ swaps with good results.

I'm not in a huge rush to get this done and completely understand the downtime and costs ($5k-6k) involved. As the 1ZZ approaches 100k miles, I'd like to really bring the car to life by putting in a 2ZZ. I've read through many of the 2ZZ build articles on this forum and others and have a good handle on the process involved, just need the parts and a mechanic to do it.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I have a mechanic with the know-how capable of doing the swap ...

and have read through many of the 2ZZ build articles on this forum and others and have a good handle on the process involved.
Sounds like you have this figured out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have this figured out.
I do and I don't. The mechanic I know COULD do it, its just a matter of wanting someone who has done it before. Even with the know-how, doing it for the first time could lead to some mistakes, so if I can find someone or a shop thats done them before in this area, that would be ideal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I do and I don't. The mechanic I know COULD do it, its just a matter of wanting someone who has done it before. Even with the know-how, doing it for the first time could lead to some mistakes, so if I can find someone or a shop thats done them before in this area, that would be ideal.
if you can do it mechanically, it shouldn't be a problem. I've swapped my spyder within two weeks, without a garage, lift etc. Just take your time and make pictures of everything you take appart!

if you want a how to for the wiring (without the swapharness) let me know!
goodluck!

greetz,

Sherwin

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you can do it mechanically, it shouldn't be a problem. I've swapped my spyder within two weeks, without a garage, lift etc. Just take your time and make pictures of everything you take appart!

if you want a how to for the wiring (without the swapharness) let me know!
goodluck!

greetz,

Sherwin
I did entertain the idea of doing this myself, but considering the amount of warning it seems members on here will give other members looking to do the swap, I think it's best left to someone who has actual experience doing a swap before.

I haven't talked to my mechanic much about it, but there's no reason he won't sign on to this from what I see. Was just feeling out there if anyone knew a shop that's done them before somewhat local to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts