MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I partnered up with TK so they can do a little R&D for a turbo 2zz. We will be adding a W/A intercooler setup along with using their meth kit. Looking for help with what else to add besides the kit. Like suspension, gauges,ect. I never had a turbo before, so the more help the better.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
someone else gave them a 2zz?

Im dropping my car off there 7/16 There going to R&D and install the kit for me.
i let them know there were issues with the 1zz kit fitting on the 2zz and sent them the dimensions that needed to be altered.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If I may ask,

How much are they selling the kit to you for??
since you are providing the car
I dont want to get into numbers.

i let them know there were issues with the 1zz kit fitting on the 2zz and sent them the dimensions that needed to be altered.
Gotch ya. I think most members are looking for an intercooled setup. This is going to help them out.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I partnered up with TK so they can do a little R&D for a turbo 2zz. We will be adding a W/A intercooler setup along with using their meth kit. Looking for help with what else to add besides the kit. Like suspension, gauges,ect. I never had a turbo before, so the more help the better.

Thanks in advance.
Return system with 1:1 regulator, LSD, wideband O2 gauge, oil cooler - lots of heat shields and good quality ceramic coating.

These are all things you will want to add. Anything to keep heat down and ensure a proper and tuneable fuel supply.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Return system with 1:1 regulator, LSD, wideband O2 gauge, oil cooler - lots of heat shields and good quality ceramic coating.

These are all things you will want to add. Anything to keep heat down and ensure a proper and tuneable fuel supply.
There doing DEI heat wrap, and some coating for heat.

·
Registered
274 Posts
We're actually Thermal Coating the hots parts and then using the DEI Cool Tape on the piping. We're not just wrapping the hot parts :)

There doing DEI heat wrap, and some coating for heat.
i dont believe in the dei heat wrap. doesn't make sense. just seems like itll keep the heat in the pipe. oh, and it's ugly.
That's the point. Keeps radiant heat down. Same as ceramic coating a pipe. I don't like wraps due to rust.

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.