MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This post is for LR re: Phone Call earlier today.

My Spyder is a 2001 MR-S Japanese Import

Cheers,
Rich

The photos are marked A,B,C,D to match up with Blitzo's Spreadsheet. (I Hope!).

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Those plugs only fit one way and in only one ECU socket each.

If thats your question...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WTS @ Dec 2 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Those plugs only fit one way and in only one ECU socket each.

If thats your question...[/b]

No it's not my question.. but thanks for guessing! lol..

LR knows the problem. It more to do with missing wires that appear on blitzos spreadsheet for a 2zz swap, but not on my loom.
LR has already PM'd me with a theory. Posting photo's here so that it will assist.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi

If you let me know the problem I can probably help you. That Spread sheet was first developed for my conversion back in 2003 and guess what? Yep JDM MR-S.

I can guess the first thing you might be confused of. JDM has no immobilizer.

Let us know what is your problem we ca help mate.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Oh and it would be a good idea to look in the library for the 2ZZ swap notes I had written back than. It will be useful. You should have no problem to make the car work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 2 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh and it would be a good idea to look in the library for the 2ZZ swap notes I had written back than. It will be useful. You should have no problem to make the car work.[/b]

Hi CIN,

Its actually your notes we have on hand to refer too. We figured out the imobilizer stuff. IIRC it was to do with some other pins that were mssing and we got a bit confused. I have a mechanic dpoing the job and he is the one that knows the details.. even though I've been there throught the swap so far to lend a hand.

I think the problem was:

Celica B16: Spyder ABS vs Celica Heater Conflict. Move spyder C8 to Celica B16

IIRD we do not have a Spyder C8???

The mechanic has all the writtin questions we had, so can't go into more detail at the moment, sorry.

But thank for all the offers of help.. its really appreciated.

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's LR's theory..

I think i just figured it out. There is proably no o2 sensor after the cat in your car. If there is no 3rd o2 sensor then there would be no c8 or c9 wires.

I won't know until i'm back with the car tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 2 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's LR's theory..

I think i just figured it out. There is proably no o2 sensor after the cat in your car. If there is no 3rd o2 sensor then there would be no c8 or c9 wires.

I won't know until i'm back with the car tomorrow night.[/b]

Yes that is exactly the problem. Your JDM MR-S has no o2 sensor after the catalytic converter so no wiring for it
You still need to move the abs pin to where it is indicated though.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 2 2007, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 2 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's LR's theory..

Yes that is exactly the problem. Your JDM MR-S has no o2 sensor after the catalytic converter so no wiring for it
[/b][/quote]

ah,

thats i suppose lies my minor problem i guess. i thought it was plug play. mine is JDM spyda too

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You still need to move the abs pin to where it is indicated though.[/b]
OK, thanks for all the help and advice.. here are the wiring questions that we need to confirm.

Based on looking at the notes on Blitzo's Spreadsheet.

Celica A7: Done
Celica A10: No Wire? please Confirm
Celica B1: No Wire? Please Confirm
Celica B9: ACIS: What is ACIS? Please confirm
Celica B12: Do we make an earth?
Celica B16: No Wire on C8 Spyder:
Celica B25: No Wire on C9 Spyder
Spyder C5: Remove - Black & White Wire?: Please Confirm
Spyder C21: Remove - Black Wire? : Please confirm
Celica C6: Add New (Blue With Black Stripe) - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this.
Celica C7: Add New (Blue with White Stripe) - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this.
Celica C21: Add New - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this.
Celica D28: Looks like we're best to switch this from Spyder B25 to Celica D28 (grey Wire): Please confirm
Spyder A2: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B7: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B15: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B16: ABS Wire is not used on Celica: Do we move it? - Where do we move it to?
Spyder B17: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B19: EHPS (White with Green Stripe) Remove: Please confirm
Spyder B25: Again do we swith from B25 and move to Celica D28? Please Confirm
Spyder B26: Imobilizer: No Wire
Celica B14: No Wire
Celica B24: No Wire
Celica D29: No Wire

The biggest problem and one that's confusing us is where/what do we do with the spyder B16 ABS? Where where do we move it to?

Were at the workshop now, so speedy responses or a number we can call would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Going from memory you need to move the Abs wire to where the wiring diagram says even if it was blank. Just take out the pinn and put it in the new position.

Have a link to the spreadsheet?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
B12 you have to make an earth. Im guessing this is the ECU earth. If that is the case it is very simple. Take an unused wire with pin from the celica harness and put it in the B12 socket and earth it with the mounting point of the ECU.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 3 2007, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
You still need to move the abs pin to where it is indicated though.[/b]
Celica A7: Done
Celica A10: No Wire? please Confirm
Celica B1: No Wire? Please Confirm
Celica B9: ACIS: What is ACIS? Please confirm(IIRC it is some emmissions useless stuff)
Celica B12: Do we make an earth? (yes)
Celica B16: No Wire on C8 Spyder:
Celica B25: No Wire on C9 Spyder
Spyder C5: Remove - Black & White Wire?: Please Confirm
Spyder C21: Remove - Black Wire? : Please confirm
Celica C6: Add New (Blue With Black Stripe) - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this. (These three are for the cam change. Take wire from Celica and extend to make it reach)
Celica C7: Add New (Blue with White Stripe) - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this.
Celica C21: Add New - Haven't done it yet but are ok with this.
Celica D28: Looks like we're best to switch this from Spyder B25 to Celica D28 (grey Wire): Please confirm (I need the spreadsheet cause i dont remember what this is for. Knock sensor??)
Spyder A2: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B7: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B15: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B16: ABS Wire is not used on Celica: Do we move it? - Where do we move it to?(if there is no note leave it where it is. Ineed the sheet)
Spyder B17: Imobilizer: No Wire
Spyder B19: EHPS (White with Green Stripe) Remove: Please confirm (Yes this is a pink wire IIRC use it to earth with it)
Spyder B25: Again do we swith from B25 and move to Celica D28? Please Confirm (Is this a knock sensor wire as well?)
Spyder B26: Imobilizer: No Wire
Celica B14: No Wire
Celica B24: No Wire
Celica D29: No Wire

Rich
[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cool_apple @ Dec 3 2007, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 2 2007, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 2 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's LR's theory..

[/b][/quote]

ah,

thats i suppose lies my minor problem i guess. i thought it was plug play. mine is JDM spyda too
[/b][/quote]

Hi

Yes if you have a JDM you do not have a 3rd o2 (1999-2002 before face lift. New face lift model I have no experience with them but im guessing there is a chance that they have them since many faclifted JDM models like the Vitz have new emmsissions gear)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 3 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Going from memory you need to move the Abs wire to where the wiring diagram says even if it was blank. Just take out the pinn and put it in the new position.

Have a link to the spreadsheet?[/b]
Thanks for your help CIN, I would prefer accurate answers rather than going by memory or guessing!
(Eeek! says good buy to fried ECU :) )

2ZZ Wiring Link

And an image for those that don't have Excel:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK A few more questions to add to the Wiring Question (still need a firm accurate response to that one ;-) )

O2 Sensors.. As far as I know I have a JDM 2000 Celica Engine going into a 2001 MR-S
I believe I only need to use ONE - O2 Sensor?

Which one do I use.. Searched around here, I think I need to use the pulley side sensor and extend it so that it reaches the stock down-pipe I'll be using (for now).
Please confirm.

I'm will be putting in a sensor bung as per LR's tutorial here: Click Me!

Do I need to use the non fowler thingys? New Zealand's emission laws are not so strict.. Can I just insert straight into a standard bung?

Here's a piccy to help with the o2 sensor selection...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Next 4 Questions :

1:What is this.. spotted it on the floor on the workshop.. not sure if it fell off the 1zz Loom or the 2ZZ Loom ... do I need it and where does it go...

2:Also my mechanic asked about this.. not sure what he asked!! think it was do we need this? what is this? Any help here greatfully welcomed!

3: Taken from the Library 2zz install write up:

-Hoses
Just use the 1ZZ hoses and plug the rest.
IIRC I closed:
Nipple on the metal pipe near the knock sensor,
Nipple on the Cylinder head near the TB return pipe.
Nipple closest to firewall on the TB
Big nipple near the big pipe to the side of the engine.
Later on I bypassed the TB. Closed the TB nipples with a looping pipe. And just looped the other pipe on the block.

What is 'TB' Please try to stay away from abreviations for noobs! (and other countries that may use different terms ;-) )

Does anyone have, or can they take a photo of the above Nipples that need to be closed? Please post here if you can help (I can host images - PM me)

4: Knock sensor.. wanted to confirm this: I have ONE wire 2ZZ Knock Sensor, so we left that in. I hope this is correct?

Thanks yet again for reading all this and helping. I hope my images/photos, etc will help others in the future.

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
that single wire goes from the knock sensor to the harness, its a small patch wire that is mounted on the dipstick. the crank position sensor also mounts next to this wire on the dipstick tube

1 - 20 of 55 Posts