MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 3 2007, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
OK A few more questions to add to the Wiring Question (still need a firm accurate response to that one ;-) )

O2 Sensors.. As far as I know I have a JDM 2000 Celica Engine going into a 2001 MR-S
I believe I only need to use ONE - O2 Sensor?

Which one do I use.. Searched around here, I think I need to use the pulley side sensor and extend it so that it reaches the stock down-pipe I'll be using (for now).
Please confirm.[/b]
Yes use that one. IF you intend to use the standard ECU (which I do not recommend since it is shitty compared to a Power FC)you will have to either use a fouler for the post cat o2 or you have to wire one in(you dont have it in your car so you have to wire it up). I left the post cat o2 out since I was using a Power FC which made things easier.

You also have a picture of the emmissions gear which I also did not use but again if you are keeping the celica ECU you have to use it as well.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 3 2007, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 3 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going from memory you need to move the Abs wire to where the wiring diagram says even if it was blank. Just take out the pinn and put it in the new position.

Have a link to the spreadsheet?[/b]
Thanks for your help CIN, I would prefer accurate answers rather than going by memory or guessing!
(Eeek! says good buy to fried ECU :) )

2ZZ Wiring Link

And an image for those that don't have Excel:

[/b][/quote]

Ok

So if you follow this it is pretty simple really. Remove the pins that are marked red or pink from the spyder harness. You have very little to do here since you have no immobilzer.

The blue ones you just move so you can use the oxygen sensor

The ACIS is simply a valve that is used in the celica intake box which you will probably not have so you can leave that alone

The PS pin do move it from the spyder to the celica position. B25 to D28

White ones just ignore apart from the PS one as above.

The ABS one as I said before just swap it as per the diagram. If there is no pin dont worry its normal just move it to B16 still.

Its pretty straight forward.

One more note. Just remove the pin from the connector and tape it well. no need to cut wires and butcher the harness. I did open the harness up to include the missing wires but to do it that way and do it well it take quite a bit of time and patience. You can just add the wires on the outside and tape everything over.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Do not remove the c5 wire as this disables the o2 sensors heater circuits and will cause a cel and a malfunctioning o2 sensor.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Don't forget to reverse the polarity of the tps at the sensor by swapping the blue and brown wires at the tps plug.

You don't need the non fouler trick as you don't have a post cat o2 monitor.

As far as the vaccum system goes there is a diagrma on the bottom of the engine lid. Follow it with the 1zz solenoids and you will be good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleRocket @ Dec 4 2007, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

As far as the vaccum system goes there is a diagrma on the bottom of the engine lid. Follow it with the 1zz solenoids and you will be good.[/b]
I don't have this on the inside of my engine lid.. must be a JDM thing. Does any one have a pic of this? (I did try searching through here for a couple of hours last night doing research)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks for the link :) However the photo is not very clear.. can any one in the US please post a large photo taken in macro mode (close up) so it can be read?

Cheers!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi LR,

Sorry to post this here, but your PM inbox is full, I have emailed you and I have tried calling you several times today and left messages. You said that you would send the Pod Filter 'urgent freight' today (monday US - tuesday 1.30pm now in NZ).

I am really getting worried that this has not yet gone as we have the workshop booked for this Saturday (Friday US time)

To explain a bit more, the mechanic doing the job (Joe who you spoke with) works else where and is doing this from someone elses workshop. This is a small business that has limited space, and hence needs to do the jobs and move the cars out ASAP. My car would have been there 7 weeks this coming weekend and he really needs it out of there for the Xmas run up. We really are hoping to get it running this weekend.

With the USPS website listing 3-4 days.. this really must leave today to stand a chance of us getting this in time. I

I really do apprecite your help so far, but I really would appreciate an urgent reply to let me know if you have sent it with the tracking number.

Also will you be availble for us to call from 1pm Friday your time as we are starting the final stages at 8am on Saturday Morning NZ Time.

Thanks,
Rich

Perhaps you can call me back as I'm running out of credit on my phone?
you need to dial 0064 845 0483 before 10pm your time (5pm NZ Time). or 0064 9 296 9567 after 11.15pm your time (6.15pm NZ Time)

Or 0064 21 0628842 anytime - phone is always on.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 3 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi LR,

Sorry to post this here, but your PM inbox is full, I have emailed you and I have tried calling you several times today and left messages. You said that you would send the Pod Filter 'urgent freight' today (monday US - tuesday 1.30pm now in NZ).

I am really getting worried that this has not yet gone as we have the workshop booked for this Saturday (Friday US time)

To explain a bit more, the mechanic doing the job (Joe who you spoke with) works else where and is doing this from someone elses workshop. This is a small business that has limited space, and hence needs to do the jobs and move the cars out ASAP. My car would have been there 7 weeks this coming weekend and he really needs it out of there for the Xmas run up. We really are hoping to get it running this weekend.

With the USPS website listing 3-4 days.. this really must leave today to stand a chance of us getting this in time. I

I really do apprecite your help so far, but I really would appreciate an urgent reply to let me know if you have sent it with the tracking number.

Also will you be availble for us to call from 1pm Friday your time as we are starting the final stages at 8am on Saturday Morning NZ Time.

Thanks,
Rich

Perhaps you can call me back as I'm running out of credit on my phone?
you need to dial 0064 845 0483 before 10pm your time (5pm NZ Time). or 0064 9 296 9567 after 11.15pm your time (6.15pm NZ Time)

Or 0064 21 0628842 anytime - phone is always on. [/b]
Sorry. I didn't catch one of your 10+ calls today..... I was in meetings at my day job until 6:30 pm and in the shop until just now (after 10 pm).... I am sorry that I will not be able to provide you with the air intake nor asist you with any additional problems with your swap. There is plenty of documentation on this site to complete one without my kit much less with it. You can use the stock intake box by removing the air damn and vanes inside the box.

I don't mind doing favors (I dont' charge for tech support) but this is bordering on stalking/ridiculous. I will credit your pay pal account as soon as this post is up for the intake. Good luck with the rest of your swap please trust the findings you make on this site as we tend to weed out misinformation.

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 3 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the link :) However the photo is not very clear.. can any one in the US please post a large photo taken in macro mode (close up) so it can be read?

Cheers![/b]
2000 MT USPEC

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks for that WTS! Excellent! Just what I was looking.. appreciate you going the extra mile and taking a photo today to assist!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleRocket @ Dec 4 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry. I didn't catch one of your 10+ calls today..... I was in meetings at my day job until 6:30 pm and in the shop until just now (after 10 pm).... I am sorry that I will not be able to provide you with the air intake nor asist you with any additional problems with your swap. There is plenty of documentation on this site to complete one without my kit much less with it. You can use the stock intake box by removing the air damn and vanes inside the box.

I don't mind doing favors (I dont' charge for tech support) but this is bordering on stalking/ridiculous. I will credit your pay pal account as soon as this post is up for the intake. Good luck with the rest of your swap please trust the findings you make on this site as we tend to weed out misinformation.[/b]
Hi David,

It looks like things have been taken out of context.

Things can often be misconstrued when typing email and messages. It is so easy to take things the wrong way. I can assure you that it has never been my intention to annoy or 'stalk' you during the 4-5 attempted calls to you today. I saw you online today on a few occasions. I tried to call you when I saw you online just to get confirmation that the intake was sent as you mentioned on our last chat on Friday. You were really honest (which I appreciated) and you said that you were sorry that you hadn't sent it and that you would send it on Monday and I said I’ll transfer the extra money for the urgent freight as soon as you let me know the amount.

Being on the other side of the world and having paid out around $1800 NZ dollars (with import duty) back on the 10th of November, you may be able to see my concerns. I have many other people here that I am trying organize this swap with, both with the mechanic and with timing with family as I have to arrange care for my daughter. I guess I simply got in a panic. This is my only car, my daily driver. Hopefully you may see it from my side with the frustration of the unknown, and the need to make arrangements.

I understand that you have a day job and a family, and all the things that that entails. I know you have been unwell and it was your birthday. I just feel much let down on the communication.

Anyway, I am greatly disappointed with your decision to make the refund and not to support me further with the first 2zz swap in NZ (to my knowledge).

I know you are well respected member of the SpyderChat community here, and I sincerely apologize if I have offended you with my 'in panic' actions.

Kind Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AgSpyder @ Dec 4 2007, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
TB is either Tuberculosis or Throttle Body. In this application I am leaning towards throttle body.[/b]
Lol, upgrade your car now and get a disease free! (Thanks for clearing that one up!)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleRocket @ Dec 4 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is plenty of documentation on this site to complete one without my kit much less with it. You can use the stock intake box by removing the air damn and vanes inside the box.[/b]
OK, so to add to countless nights of searching and printing hundreds of pages of this site in preparation. I can not yet find anything on which CAI (don't mind importanting from states) I should purchase, or how to modify a stock intake box. The later now seems my only option with around 36 hours to go until the workshop is available for the mechanic.

Is there anyone here that can offer any assistance? What is the air damn and what do the vanes look like? What tools would you need and process to remove them?
Any photos would be greatly appreciated!

I have been losing so much sleep over this for weeks... Please help. (I'm starting to wish I had just stuck another 1zz in and sold the car now.. not something I want to do as I love theSpyder!) :-(

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 6 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleRocket @ Dec 4 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is plenty of documentation on this site to complete one without my kit much less with it. You can use the stock intake box by removing the air damn and vanes inside the box.[/b]
OK, so to add to countless nights of searching and printing hundreds of pages of this site in preparation. I can not yet find anything on which CAI (don't mind importanting from states) I should purchase, or how to modify a stock intake box. The later now seems my only option with around 36 hours to go until the workshop is available for the mechanic.

Is there anyone here that can offer any assistance? What is the air damn and what do the vanes look like? What tools would you need and process to remove them?
Any photos would be greatly appreciated!

I have been losing so much sleep over this for weeks... Please help. (I'm starting to wish I had just stuck another 1zz in and sold the car now.. not something I want to do as I love theSpyder!) :-(

Thanks,
Rich
[/b][/quote]

Open up the stock intake box and you can see the vanes at the intake tube side. Just install the damn box and you can drive it out the shop

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 7 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just install the damn box and you can drive it out the shop
[/b]
Lmao!! OK I get it! .. I'm looking forward to the day when I can report back that I have hit 'Lift'

Thanks CIN!

Rich

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Instinct @ Dec 7 2007, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CIN @ Dec 7 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just install the damn box and you can drive it out the shop
[/b]
Lmao!! OK I get it! .. I'm looking forward to the day when I can report back that I have hit 'Lift' [/b][/quote]

just remember to grab it with both hands

21 - 40 of 55 Posts