MR2 SpyderChat banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
nice , how does it feel weight wise?
as i'm sure several people are, i'm jealous
Car feels fine to me. But i must admit im not that of an driver purist or what ever you call it that i would notice. Im more of a powwwwerr! guy.

abe237f07fc3c42b7d1b071b5e417ccf--big-hearts-jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Awesome! Now to get it tuned and see some numbers!
Thanks! Cant wait to it allready has good power! But it wont be very soon as i have to get the engine legal registered and that takes a wile :blue:

Cant wait to see this tuned. One of the best mods I've seen on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Just made a small test today! First time for my with an rwd car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! Cant wait to it allready has good power! But it wont be very soon as i have to get the engine legal registered and that takes a wile :blue:

So nice, I'm very jealous :)
I was just discussing that you don't see the Mr2 that often on the Dutch roads. And then this "special" edition comes along.
Let me know if you are gonna display it somewhere sometime, i'll definitely pay a visit with my *cough* stock mr2 *cough*:)

ps. Kreeg je auto ook al doorgestuurd via een vriend op een NL forum, echt geweldig :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So nice, I'm very jealous :)
I was just discussing that you don't see the Mr2 that often on the Dutch roads. And then this "special" edition comes along.
Let me know if you are gonna display it somewhere sometime, i'll definitely pay a visit with my *cough* stock mr2 *cough*:)

ps. Kreeg je auto ook al doorgestuurd via een vriend op een NL forum, echt geweldig :)
Thanks! Do you know when the first big MR2 meeting is? I'm probably gonna be there if i know a date :beguiled:!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Had some fun! Still not tuned and cam adjusters not programed yet, Still running the 1.8 exhaust but i have bought an original Volkswagen R32 exhaust i will use for the car as in my opinion it makes the best sound. More soon!

https://youtu.be/VgQ4TTxhIBI

·
Registered
588 Posts
Can't believe I never saw this thread before... This is amazing. I'm truly envious of this build and your skill level. Can't wait to hear it with the right exhaust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Can't believe I never saw this thread before... This is amazing. I'm truly envious of this build and your skill level. Can't wait to hear it with the right exhaust.
Thanks!

Got it tuned! made 260hp and 360Nm. 310nm all ready available at 1500rpm.

Will get an road movie soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
This engine looks more compact than a 2gr yet same weight as an 3sfe at 143kg
exhaust comes out the back saves on double sided fabrication of normal v6 exhausts
The 3.6 FSI inlet is found in plastic sure theres 10kg savings there alone!
A well carried through and very fast build. The ultimate compact v6 conversion.

This manifold is from 3.6l Skoda SuperB, same part no. as Passat R36 intake - without variable-lenght system.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That torque number is really, really high for 3.2L. I would expect that dyno reading to have some significant "correction" in it, compared to the "270hp" 2GR dyno.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Those numbers compare well with 2GR. What is your total car weight with 1/2 tank of gas, and spare tire?
Not had it weighted yet. I really need to get that done :miserable:

This engine looks more compact than a 2gr yet same weight as an 3sfe at 143kg
exhaust comes out the back saves on double sided fabrication of normal v6 exhausts
The 3.6 FSI inlet is found in plastic sure theres 10kg savings there alone!
A well carried through and very fast build. The ultimate compact v6 conversion.

This manifold is from 3.6l Skoda SuperB, same part no. as Passat R36 intake - without variable-lenght system.
The R32 manifold is plastic to and it doesn't have veriable-lenght but some kind of air pulse system.

That torque number is really, really high for 3.2L. I would expect that dyno reading to have some significant "correction" in it, compared to the "270hp" 2GR dyno.
I don't discuss dyno numbers as its pointless. But i agree with you and asked my tuner about it he said it was because of the vvti and spacial intake manifold.

·
Registered
341 Posts
So your manifold is plastic? I mistook it thinking the silver finish was alloy....

You would think once it passes your road rules for registration
sure the r32 exhaust is gonna be ace

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, not really.
Stock, that engine either was 250hp/236 tq (2008) or 240/236 (2004) at the crank.
he has opened up the intake a bit, so the tq figure is about where I would expect it to be (APR ECU will bring in 264, and that wouldnt be fully optimized for the shorty exhaust and better (3.6l) intake system.

That little engine is a torque monster.

The 3.6 with only an ECU will go over 300/300 at the wheels!

Rob

·
Registered
23,072 Posts
This engine is more like a inline 6 then a V6 and it cannot be compared. It depends on the engine but on the whole Inline 6 motors tend to have more low down torque and a flatter torque output.
This is why I like this motor configuration better.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Love VR6's. They do have a pretty inline feel to them, super smooth. I believe a big reason they have such monster torque numbers is that they have a fairly long stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well, not really.
Stock, that engine either was 250hp/236 tq (2008) or 240/236 (2004) at the crank.
he has opened up the intake a bit, so the tq figure is about where I would expect it to be (APR ECU will bring in 264, and that wouldnt be fully optimized for the shorty exhaust and better (3.6l) intake system.

That little engine is a torque monster.

The 3.6 with only an ECU will go over 300/300 at the wheels!

Rob
Rob is that the FSI model you are talking about, I didnt know the direct injection using aftermarket is now possible
Im behind times but last time I checked it was not possible also read 3.6 fsi motor has oil pump issues due to defective bolt
Theres even one or 2 miatas with these engines a 12v turbo and 24v NA if Im not mistaken, also Nissan silvia drifter 12v turbo.
What an incredible engine choice this has been, would have never throught it was so light and compact with such a strong 6 spd.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Rob is that the FSI model you are talking about, I didnt know the direct injection using aftermarket is now possible
Im behind times but last time I checked it was not possible also read 3.6 fsi motor has oil pump issues due to defective bolt
Theres even one or 2 miatas with these engines a 12v turbo and 24v NA if Im not mistaken, also Nissan silvia drifter 12v turbo.
What an incredible engine choice this has been, would have never throught it was so light and compact with such a strong 6 spd.
Both the MK4&5 R32 show to be the CBRA code, which was standard sequential fuel injection if WIKI is correct.
FSI didnt show up until the Passat, when the angle of the dangle changed from 15 to 10.5 degrees also.

I have long wanted to take the 3.6 and destroke it, to get some upper end out of it, as the high RPM noise on these is just music.
I would have to look into that oil pump issue, I dont have any info on it.

Rob

·
Registered
341 Posts
141 - 160 of 181 Posts