MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parametric Cylinder Clip - I made this for water bottles, but it could also work for a fire extinguisher or any other vaguely cylindrical shaped object

Scale Model - the detail on this model is quite high
here's an little itty bitty one I printed
Wood Food Cuisine Tints and shades Fashion accessory

Headlight Repair Tab

Sunvisor Delete Plate (+ bonus mic mount)

Sunvisor Delete Plate GoPro Mount (very useful in combination with Modular Mounting System)

Rear Strut Tower Cover
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive fuel system

Frunk/Engine Lid Prop Rod Clip

Frunk Luggage Clip / Hinge

Switch Blank

Center Console - Similar to rexypow design
Vehicle Car Gear shift Automotive design Motor vehicle

Navpod

·
Registered
'00 / 2ZZ-GE / C60 / LSD
14 Posts
this is a cool idea, it's a fairly large piece though. could be done in multiple pieces with a bit of overlap and some glue between to stop water?
That could work. I wasn't aware of the size limitations involved

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oops, this is already a thread. the search function really let me down

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are using the part in a high temperature area and under some stress, you want to pick a material other than the garden variety PLA. I put a smart phone support off the dash and it started to sag after a day in the sun. Added a bamboo support and it still sagged. Went to plan B. I made a bushing for a new external antenna, and it works fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are using the part in a high temperature area and under some stress, you want to pick a material other than the garden variety PLA. I put a smart phone support off the dash and it started to sag after a day in the sun. Added a bamboo support and it still sagged. Went to plan B. I made a bushing for a new external antenna, and it works fine.
PETG is usually the goto for automotive applications. fairly easy to print and much higher temperature / UV resistance. ABS & Nylon are good too, but more difficult to print

I still very much want the wind deflectors for the rear wheel wells, as pictured in following thread. 3D printing custom parts thread
That looks fairly doable. Do you have any measurements or a model of it? I don't have those but it would be fun to make some

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently
PETG is usually the goto for automotive applications. fairly easy to print and much higher temperature / UV resistance. ABS & Nylon are good too, but more difficult to print

That looks fairly doable. Do you have any measurements or a model of it? I don't have those but it would be fun to make some
ASA seems to be a better alternative to ABS, but it's also kinda tricky to print in my limited experience with it.

·
Registered
2003 1zz MR2
41 Posts
What about 3D printing spacers for the MAF MOD? I know there was a limited run made (about 300) several years ago. Seems like that might be a decent piece to scan and 3D print.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From what I’ve read it’s only 2001 and up that had key fobs or could be fitted with them. 2000’s don’t have the transponder. I do have a key fob with my 01 not sure what year yours is. There’s posts talking about how to add it if you don’t have one, as long as it’s not a 2000.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From what I’ve read it’s only 2001 and up that had key fobs or could be fitted with them. 2000’s don’t have the transponder. I do have a key fob with my 01 not sure what year yours is. There’s posts talking about how to add it if you don’t have one, as long as it’s not a 2000.
that makes sense, mine is a 00

·
Registered
2000 5mt mr2 spyder
13 Posts
Parametric Cylinder Clip - I made this for water bottles, but it could also work for a fire extinguisher or any other vaguely cylindrical shaped object

Scale Model - the detail on this model is quite high
here's an little itty bitty one I printed
View attachment 87727

Headlight Repair Tab

Sunvisor Delete Plate (+ bonus mic mount)

Sunvisor Delete Plate GoPro Mount (very useful in combination with Modular Mounting System)

Rear Strut Tower Cover
View attachment 87732

Frunk/Engine Lid Prop Rod Clip

Frunk Luggage Clip / Hinge

Switch Blank

Center Console - Similar to rexypow design
View attachment 87728

Navpod

Hey man, I know it's been a while since you posted this butI saw your files on thingiverse and I was wondering if I could get solidworks files for the centre console so that i could modify it a little bit to make it more similar to the rexypow one (since those are rare AF), I'll obviously post it as a remix for free on thingiverse after that so that you get the credit for it

cheers

PS: first time writrer in here, id I did something wrong (ex. missing presentation, etc..) I apologize in advance and will fix it ASAP

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey man, I know it's been a while since you posted this butI saw your files on thingiverse and I was wondering if I could get solidworks files for the centre console so that i could modify it a little bit to make it more similar to the rexypow one (since those are rare AF), I'll obviously post it as a remix for free on thingiverse after that so that you get the credit for it

cheers

PS: first time writrer in here, id I did something wrong (ex. missing presentation, etc..) I apologize in advance and will fix it ASAP
this is not my model, try reaching out to the author on thingiverse

1 - 20 of 25 Posts