MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one tell me where and how much it will cost to get a rebuilt transmission 5 speed for my 2000 mr2 ,Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Honestly its getting so expensive that i think its not worth it.If your going to do it.It might be a good route but if your paying for its not worth it.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
^^^..

New is actually less then Rebuild.. Usually Rebuilds go for 1500 to 2500, and new is 2K..

Cap

·
Registered
5,317 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Somewhere I saw an on-line Toyota parts store listing your choice of a 5 speed, either with or without the limited slip, for around $1,800-$1,900 new in the box.

I'd go that way, by the time you have somebody take the old one out, rebuild it and put it back in you'll be spending that much anyway.

If you're jammed up for money, used. Otherwise, why not know what you've got?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
come to fiend out it was my tires

i had a new set a tires put on today , thats where the sound was comeing from , the tires , it was so bad you could just about here some one talking, when you were going about 65 , now the new tires took care of that , looks like i lucked out this time , Frank

·
Registered
103 Posts
i had a new set a tires put on today , thats where the sound was comeing from , the tires , it was so bad you could just about here some one talking, when you were going about 65 , now the new tires took care of that , looks like i lucked out this time , Frank
Would make sense...I've never had an MR2 tranny go out, but my current Spyder certainly has road noise coming from the tires. The dealer installed the tires, so I have to wear them out before replacing them (of course, will have it paid off by then....whew).

Rick

·
Registered
844 Posts
I got mine from MWR for 700 shipped, only had 28k miles..
If I could get one from MWR for that price I'd replace my 01's that has bit of grind going into 3rd on the down shift. How did you get that? I checked their website and didn't see anything like that.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
If I could get one from MWR for that price I'd replace my 01's that has bit of grind going into 3rd on the down shift. How did you get that? I checked their website and didn't see anything like that.
you've got to call Matt. you know how it is... trannies come and trannies go

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did to ,

hahhah! I've done the same (almost)...replaced a rear hub bearing, and it turned out my tires were making all the noise.
Two front wheel bearings and one right rear, that was my first gess, but thats ok my car has 145,000 on it .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts