MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5th Annual FLMR2S SpringFling
Official Thread: 5th Annual FLMR2S SpringFling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry it took so long, finally got everything sorted out. Justin Oakley will have the registration page up over the weekend.

Sponsors: Ats Racing who are tentatively attending!!!

Dates: May 18-20th

Registration will be 25.00 and used to help cover costs and provide event shirts etc. We will open registration soon.

Host Hotel: Seralago hotel and suites which is within walking distance of the car show location and night time hangout of Old Town.
This year the rooms got even cheaper!!! They will be reserving a block of rooms in the back corner like last year so we can make some noise and hangout. I recommend staying even if you are local, you will have a lot more fun. The 2 room suites are the best deal and have a small kitchen and a larger bathroom let me know if we run out and i will ask for more.

Prices:
double rooms (2 double beds): 36/night
king room (1 king bed): 43/night
two room suite (murphy bed, pull out sofa and 2 double beds): 66/night

This will be same format as last year as a 3 day event with hopefully no rainouts.

Tentative Schedule:

Fridayrag Racing 7pm-1am
1/8th mile Test and tune at Central Florida Racing Complex
This place is tons of fun, very laid back and they have a bar under the timing tower. They will be open from 8pm-1am. Anyone who gets to drunk to drive will be allowed to leave their car overnight and pick it up the next morning. I'm trying to see if we can get in an hour earlier like last year and run by ourselves to begin with.
We will have a Mr2 bracket race as well with prizes.
Most people ate at dennys/ihop etc., afterwards, I will check with them and see if we can arrange a section for our group.

Saturday: Car show/Old Town/Boomers 10am-whenever
Car show: 11am-4pm awards and raffles at 4
We will have the car show on the westside parking lot at Old town again.
Afterwards we will have a group dinner and come back for drinks/rides at Old Town and Boomers. You can also stay and watch the weekly cruise that starts around 8pm. I'm going to try to arrange discount go-karts/arm bands this year and will update when i find out more info.

Sunday: Orlando Kart Center!!
9am: Group Breakfast Buffet across from Seralago
10am-finish: Karting! You dont want to miss out, last year we had 30 people racing and it was crazy. Cost is approx 50 per person and includes 3 10-minute sessions:

1st outing: practice
2nd outing: qualifying
3rd outing: Championship Race!

If we can get more people we can bring the price down or I may use leftover money from last year to try and subsidize the cost.

Afterwards go eat and then go home!

for more information see http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=441897

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Im in!

4th time will be great!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I posted in the other thread. I'm in too.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hey, I'm confused--why are there two of these threads?:confused:

Oh, +1 for Spring Flinging... I'm bringing my own booze this time though...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Hey, I'm confused--why are there two of these threads?:confused:

Oh, +1 for Spring Flinging... I'm bringing my own booze this time though...

Like last year if I remember correctly you didn't want to hand over that 25$ to the guy for our water down drinks.

Johnny Walker Black

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I will, unfortunately, not be able to attend this year. The date conflicts with a long standing event that I do every year (this is the 10th of those). I'm in the process of updating the Spring Fling website with new details right now though.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I will, unfortunately, not be able to attend this year. The date conflicts with a long standing event that I do every year (this is the 10th of those). I'm in the process of updating the Spring Fling website with new details right now though.
Then we need to change the date for Spring Fling!:cool: I think this should be easy since you are making the website^_^ He who makes the page, makes the rules...

I'm bummed that you are going to miss this... karaoke won't be the same without you:p

Let me know about the Tower Show. If you commit, I am going--and we can invite some others...

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Then we need to change the date for Spring Fling!:cool: I think this should be easy since you are making the website^_^ He who makes the page, makes the rules...

I'm bummed that you are going to miss this... karaoke won't be the same without you:p

Let me know about the Tower Show. If you commit, I am going--and we can invite some others...
I'll check with the wife to see what other commitments I have for next Friday. The bummer about the spring fling is that you will also not be at the thing I will be doing (10th annual version of last year).

I'll text you once I know if I can make Towers. I REALLY need to wash my car. This will give me an excuse to do it. hahaha.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'll check with the wife to see what other commitments I have for next Friday. The bummer about the spring fling is that you will also not be at the thing I will be doing (10th annual version of last year).

I'll text you once I know if I can make Towers. I REALLY need to wash my car. This will give me an excuse to do it. hahaha.
I know, that thought occurred to me as well... Betty has been practicing "Dance Central" every day... I am so conflicted:)

You know you had better wash that car! Otherwise, I will be giving you shit about it all night:p

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I know, that thought occurred to me as well... Betty has been practicing "Dance Central" every day... I am so conflicted:)

You know you had better wash that car! Otherwise, I will be giving you shit about it all night:p
haha. I know. It is pretty bad. I might have to work from home during the week to get it done. hahaha. Let me know if you decide to get your game on or the car show that weekend. Either way, I'll understand your decision. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
w00t

Looking forward to going again this year. My fiancee and I will try to plan on getting the hotel and partying with you guys this time, sounds like fun. I really hope we get to do some racing this year!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Looking forward to going again this year. My fiancee and I will try to plan on getting the hotel and partying with you guys this time, sounds like fun. I really hope we get to do some racing this year!
I figured you would be there Eric... I am going to ask the question now--so that I don't end up sticking my foot in my mouth in May... Is this fiancee the same cute young girl you showed up with last year? Oh, and congratulations one way or the other:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I figured you would be there Eric... I am going to ask the question now--so that I don't end up sticking my foot in my mouth in May... Is this fiancee the same cute young girl you showed up with last year? Oh, and congratulations one way or the other:)
Haha, yes, and thanks. It's always good to ask ;)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Look at this motley crew:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What's this talk about the SoFlo not coming up?

Guess that means Ill be grabbing a room as well!

Anyone want to poll about bring the flying tent again?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I think we just need to tie it down this time around somehow.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Yeah. Tie that thing down. You don't want any issues with it this year.

It sounds like I will definitely be missing out on a good time. But I just can't make it this year due to the date. Everything is already set and booked and all that. So it is what it is. Take some pics and I'll try to photoshop myself in there somewhere. ;) hehehe.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Its been way over a month and noone has activated my account over on mr2oc, Guess I cant join the fun. Im highly dissapointed at how long this has been going on.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts