MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone can help answer this for me. I have a built c60 , that while finishing it up...the mechanic notice that the brass shims on the tail end of the tranny was missing. When I bought this tranny years ago from a guy who owned a Celica GTS, he never told me that it was damaged or anything. Was wondering if the stock 5 speed shims are interchangeable or is best to source from another c60? Thanks ahead for any assistance!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Are you talking about preload disk?
If yes, the mecanic guy have to mounting the differential and fully screwing the transmission box (without shaft, pinions, gears etc), and measuring the preload.
This one have to be at one specific torque. Preload depend of LSD or open diff. There : helical LSD into c60

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt response Funnyman! It was taken from the 5 speed casing and putting it on the c60 since the bell housing was cracked. So when the mechanic was swamping the casing he misplaced the brass shims. I heard that Toyota might sell the Transmission shim kit that could possibly replace those hard brass shims that I could not find. Worst case scenario I was going to buy another c60 and transfer the reverse block out and the Quaife LSD that I had the mechanic put in and have the 1st c60 as a back up for parts. Thank you again brother and I will keep this updated if Toyota provides those brass shims just in case someone else falls into this situation like me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts