MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm also open for straight up trades for someone to swap a 2GR-FE w/ 6 speed into my 2000 Spyder. It may come in handy for a auto shop to have a enclosed car hauler.

2011 8.5x24 Hurricane enclosed car hauler w/V nose front. Low miles, that I'd estimate below 3,000. It was just used to haul my atvs 30 miles round trip and about 3 trips to other atv parks in Texas. Very light use since about 1500-2000lbs of atv's were the main cargo. Nice trailer, doubled as a poor mans toy hauler on overnight trips. It only has 3500 lb axles, so its limited to lighter vehicles. The trailer itself weighs around 3,500lbs so you got approximately another 3,500lbs for cargo.

There is no damage to the exterior except maybe a small rock ding in the front. One axle was bad, I had it re-arched and it fixed or greatly slowed down the tire wear. It pulls nice and straight, anyone serious is welcome to hook up to it and check it out.

The interior is overall in good condition minus right near the back where my larger sxs rubbed a couple holes through the thin ceiling wood. Purely cosmetic, it didn't damage the insulation. All the walls and ceiling are painted white. In the front there are (4) 3" holes cut in the very front nose floor section used for ducting portable air conditioners. And the fold down ramp extension is loose and needs to either be re fitted, wasn't needed for loading atvs so I don't bother unfolding it.

Basic list of features:
Bright red exterior, very close match to my flame red Dodge.
Pressure treated floors
Square tubing walls and roof members
Led lights
6″ I-BEAM
DEXTER axles
Drop axles replaced with straight axles for increased ground clearance due to my use of it
3500lb Leaf Spring Axles w/ Electric Brakes on both Axles
Heavy Duty Main Frame 6″ I BEAM 1X1.5″ tubing, walls, studs, and roof
No show beaver tail
V-Nose Front (extra space not included in the 24′ box length)
4000 lb. Heavy Duty Rear Ramp Door w/ Double Cabled Spring Assist w/ (2) Barlocks for Security & EZ Lube Hinge Pins
36″ Side Door w/ Heavy Duty Bar Lock
Recessed ATP Diamond Plate Interior Step Well
6′ 6″ Interior Height
Roof vent
Interior 12 Volt Dome Light w/ Wall Switch
24″ ATP Diamond Plate Stone guard Front
ATP Diamond Plate Vertical V-Nose Cap
15″ 225/75/15 RADIAL Tires (one bias)
Powder Coated Silver Mod Wheels
(4) Floor D-Ring Tie Downs Recessed in the floor and welded to the frame
16″ On Center Wall & Floor Cross members
Water Tested 3/4″ Bowed Galvalume Roof with Luan Center Lining Strip
2 & 5/16″ Coupler w/ Heavy Duty Safety Chains
7-Way Wiring Harness Plug with complete DOT battery back up break away kit
3/8″ Heavy Duty A-B Grade Sanded Plywood Walls
3/4″ Heavy Duty A-B Grade Sanded Underlayment Grade pressure treated plywood Floors
Electric trailer jack.
True Automotive Paint on Frame
Rubber coin pattern flooring throughout trailer
Diamond plate on the ramp door
Fully insulated walls and ceiling.
(2) 4ft fluorescent lights on the walls

Pictures are from when it was new. Walls are now white. Diamond plate isn't as shiny. But it's not even a year and a half old so don't expect it to look much different. I'll add more pics after a sunny day for me to wash it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.