Register here- http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com
Must register before Jan 28

Free timing for all drivers
Free Basic on track instruction for beginners
Free Lunch for all drivers

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Damn, that's a spectacular price. I won't be able to run this year until late February, at the earliest. How sad. :(

I'm looking to do Big willow, Button Willow and some third track this year. Maybe another configuration of Button Willow besides 13 CW, if such an event comes up wink nudge.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Damn, that's a spectacular price. I won't be able to run this year until late February, at the earliest. How sad. :(

I'm looking to do Big willow, Button Willow and some third track this year. Maybe another configuration of Button Willow besides 13 CW, if such an event comes up wink nudge.
Maybe you should go to ACS? Do you have a big rear wing?

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
You don't need a wing on a 1zz spyder at ACS. Just hug the inside line like all the Miatas so the corvettes can pass on the right.

Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, and Chuckwalla are probably the only track where the spyder can stay with the other cars. All the other tracks have huge straights and practically every other sports car out there now has more power than the spyder and will just walk away on the long straights.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You don't need a wing on a 1zz spyder at ACS. Just hug the inside line like all the Miatas so the corvettes can pass on the right.

Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, and Chuckwalla are probably the only track where the spyder can stay with the other cars. All the other tracks have huge straights and practically every other sports car out there now has more power than the spyder and will just walk away on the long straights.
The spyder must be inferior to other small sports cars like the S2000 because they do exceptionally well at big tracks like big willow. But I agree with you about having the vettes pass to the right. :lol:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
The spyder must be inferior to other small sports cars like the S2000 because they do exceptionally well at big tracks like big willow. But I agree with you about having the vettes pass to the right. :lol:
The s2000 has similar power to weight to a 2zz spyder. 2zz spyders do fine on the big tracks.

A 1zz spyder runs around 1:40 at big willow similar to a miata.

The lap time we are seeing on local tracks with street cars:

S2000>2zz spyder>NB Miata>1zz spyder>NC miata>NA miata

yes the NC miata is somewhat disappointing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
def all about driver on the smaller, more technical tracks (SOW, HTM, etc). I was able to pull a 1:38 with a relatively stock 1zz with street tires. Sherman shaved off 1.5+ secs off my time driving the same car.

i did the same track with my nb miata and got a slower time of 1:39.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts