MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions for you guys:

1- what accessory belt will I need when the A/C compressor is gone?

2- is it possible to get rid of all the A/C piping without removing the gas tank?

I need to shave 80 pounds of the car.
I will also get rid of the radio, speakers, carpet, center console, rear plastics, glove box, ash tray and surpounding stuff.

As soon as I can afford a new steering wheel, the air bags are off the car.

Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what I have regarding weight:

Che center exhaust (came with the car)
Weapon R intake (all the oem tubing is gone)
Deka battery
The tray under the openings in the back is gone
Frunk trim is gone
Sparco Evo 2 seats (I can take off the passenger seat if needed)
Hardog roll bar
Light weight wheels (V2, 6UL and Helium)

My car actually weight 2116 pounds with 1/4 gas. With a full tank, it should be at 2150 pounds. My goal, full tank, is 2070 pounds.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Have you removed the windshield wipers yet?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha!

Nope but the sun visors are gone too.

Do I have to say it isn't my daily driver? lol

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd do a lighter exhaust before anything.

think about deleting PS too, I don't know how it feels/gains/benefits but I know it drops ~15+ lbs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am willing to sell for cheap (give me an idea what your thinking) but I don't know about the shipping cost. I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Next winter I will be putting in a 2ZZ so I don't want to "invest" into making the car lighter. It is a good idea tought!

I will keep my PS cause I'm really happy with it.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
2 questions for you guys:

1- what accessory belt will I need when the A/C compressor is gone?

2- is it possible to get rid of all the A/C piping without removing the gas tank?

I need to shave 80 pounds of the car.
I will also get rid of the radio, speakers, carpet, center console, rear plastics, glove box, ash tray and surpounding stuff.

As soon as I can afford a new steering wheel, the air bags are off the car.

Thanks for the info guys!
1. 56.25" belt. Source.

2. I do not think the tank needs to be dropped as the lines move around it.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I am willing to sell for cheap (give me an idea what your thinking) but I don't know about the shipping cost. I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Next winter I will be putting in a 2ZZ so I don't want to "invest" into making the car lighter. It is a good idea tought!

That 2ZZ is going to cost you 28 pounds... but it is oh so worth it:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
No need to drop the tank. All the lines are easily accessible, shouldn't take you much more than 30minutes (I don't have any under carriage plastics so maybe longer). I never weighed all the parts but if my memory serves me correct I think everything probably weighed 20-25lbs. The lines and condenser barely weighed anything.

Can't help you on belt size though, I have a 2zz

If you are only autocrossing and really want to lose weight ditch the hard dog.

Don't know how much your seats weigh but there could be lighter options there too

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks fro the info PMSDSUsnowboards!

lol Mateo Largo! I can't wait!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No need to drop the tank. All the lines are easily accessible, shouldn't take you much more than 30minutes (I don't have any under carriage plastics so maybe longer). I never weighed all the parts but if my memory serves me correct I think everything probably weighed 20-25lbs. The lines and condenser barely weighed anything.

Can't help you on belt size though, I have a 2zz

If you are only autocrossing and really want to lose weight ditch the hard dog.
Thanks for the info.

This year is more about Time Attack. At least competetively. I will be autocrossing for fun since this will bring me in SM and I'll be on street tires! It will be used only to stay in shape and testing the car.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts

PM sent

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Here is what I have regarding weight:

Che center exhaust (came with the car)
Weapon R intake (all the oem tubing is gone)
Deka battery
The tray under the openings in the back is gone
Frunk trim is gone
Sparco Evo 2 seats (I can take off the passenger seat if needed)
Hardog roll bar
Light weight wheels (V2, 6UL and Helium)

My car actually weight 2116 pounds with 1/4 gas. With a full tank, it should be at 2150 pounds. My goal, full tank, is 2070 pounds.
You may have already gotten rid of some of these..
The spare tire lid, bucket and support straps is good for another 11.2 lbs.
The rear storage doors (you mentioned the tray, but not the doors) are good for another 5.4 lbs.
The floor mats are good for 4.6 lbs.
The package shelf (which is the plastic piece that folds under the roof) is good for 3.6 lbs.
The windshield wiper arms (thanks for the idea, xbiker!) are good for 2.0 lbs.
The wind deflector is good for another 1.4 lbs.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
You may have already gotten rid of some of these..
The spare tire lid, bucket and support straps is good for another 11.2 lbs.
The rear storage doors (you mentioned the tray, but not the doors) are good for another 5.4 lbs.
The floor mats are good for 4.6 lbs.
The package shelf (which is the plastic piece that folds under the roof) is good for 3.6 lbs.
The windshield wiper arms (thanks for the idea, xbiker!) are good for 2.0 lbs.
The wind deflector is good for another 1.4 lbs.
The bold are pretty much removed by force with the rollbar.

I'm at 2030 with a half tank of gas.

Harddog roll bar, (heavyish) OMP Ronco GT bucket seats, and the following deleted:
Carpet, side windows, radio, speakers, door panels, soft top, center console, all rear plastics, frunk plastics, frunk bin.
Then I have a cf hood, and a hardtop. I want to add lexan side windows. I have a hardtop to use when it's necessary. I still have the a/c, because texas makes that a nice thing to have.

I'd say look at a coastfab or burns muffler, I'm ordering one soon to replace my current setup of 2 vibrant resonators. Their stuff is usually pretty light, can be made in any size you want, and is repackable so you don't need a new muffler whenever it starts to lose the ability to muffle. (I blew out a magnaflow in 4 months running with no cat).

·
Registered
781 Posts
And the hardest weight to lose...any that is attached to you.

(This may or may not apply to you - I had an acquaintance who was removing weight from his car but he was 60lbs over weight himself.)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
And the hardest weight to lose...any that is attached to you.

(This may or may not apply to you - I had an acquaintance who was removing weight from his car but he was 60lbs over weight himself.)
It is so much easier to just throw money at the car!

I last weighed myself at ~128. I think I could probably get down to 120 with a bit of motivation, but, everyone says I'm already skinny so... not sure if that's on the table for my modding plans :lol:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It is so much easier to just throw money at the car!

I last weighed myself at ~128. I think I could probably get down to 120 with a bit of motivation, but, everyone says I'm already skinny so... not sure if that's on the table for my modding plans :lol:
You pulled a kidney and your appendix yet? That should be good for another 5 pounds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts