MR2 SpyderChat banner
341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2003 MR2 with the SMT. Front: 205/45/16, Rear 215/40/17. Sport Tuning T9-2 Black Mach Lip Wheels
169 Posts
The 2003 MR2 I purchased has fairly new tires on it but there are flat spot which cause the steering wheel to vibrate. The guy at Discount Tires was able to find the last set of Nitto Neo Gen: Front 205/40/16 and Rear 215/40/17. The Sport Tuning T9-2 are getting new shoes soon. I hope this fixes the shakes in the front end.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Vehicle

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just picked up some RPF1 and new V701 tires. Running 15x7, +35 in rear and +41 in front, 205 in rear, 195 in front. Because only the +35. I like the no centercap look so I painted the hub centers/ axle nuts black after treating them with phosphoric acid.
Reflex camera Camera lens Digital camera Camera Cameras & optics

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
Black 2005 MRS 5-speed w/LSD
239 Posts
Could you post a few more pics, one in profile (side-on) and one each front view and rear view? It sounds like a maximum lightness set-up, but I am also a slave to fashion. Thanks.;)
Just picked up some RPF1 and new V701 tires. Running 15x7, +35 in rear and +41 in front, 205 in rear, 195 in front. Because only the +35. I like the no centercap look so I painted the hub centers/ axle nuts black after treating them with phosphoric acid.
View attachment 89058
View attachment 89059

·
Registered
128 Posts
Could you post a few more pics, one in profile (side-on) and one each front view and rear view? It sounds like a maximum lightness set-up, but I am also a slave to fashion. Thanks.;)
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

The tire size is basically stock. I think the front tires have a tread width that is just a little wider (10) due to v701 tire specs requiring a slight size up for the rpf1 wheel width.

If you order this exact combo off of tire rack, unless they corrected it, the front tire size they reccomend is wrong, because the wheel is too wide for the tread width reccomended.

Overall, i like how the wheels looks, and how light they are. I also look forward to powder coating them if they get worn far down the line. Also, I like that I managed to get a "dish" without changing the offset lol

Also, on the first drive, 400 miles, i made sure to retorque the wheels like every 50 miles. Not sure if it was the wheel break in period, or the lug nuts breaking in, but they did detorque about 10-15 ft lbs at least on the first check. By the end though they were staying consistent. Also, the passenger side detorqued more than the driver's side during this period, due to the direction wheels rotate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Konig Dekagrams
Front: 15x8 +25 offset - 225/45/15 BFG Rival 1.5 S's
Rear: 15x9 + 35 offset - 245/45/15 RT660's (the rt660's are damn near the same width as a 265)

Fit very well and only rub on the rear on hard hard turning or major bumps
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
72 Posts
Konig Dekagrams
Rear: 15x9 + 35 offset - 245/45/15 RT660's (the rt660's are damn near the same width as a 265)

Fit very well and only rub on the rear on hard hard turning or major bumps
I have a similar setup with Konis and H&Rs but it seems to rub a lot, I think it is my springs rates.

What suspension do you have?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just switched from the Yokohama Advan Flevas to Falken Azenis 660RTs. 205/40 16 front and 215/40 17 rear. The Falkens are 200 treadwear versus the 300 Yokohamas. A huge improvement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thought I was quoting my original post from page 16 which included photos and specs. Here are those specs (still no rubbing):

-Enkei J10 (I chose grey center/spokes but are also available in black)
-16x7 front, 17x7 rear
-Offset 42 front & rear
-Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 195/45 front, 215/40 rear
-Tein S. Tech green springs, adjustable Koni's
-No rubbing

This is the only recent photo with Falkens that I have at the moment:

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will see a series of letters and numbers that will look like this for example: 205/55R16. This will confirm the size of the tires on your vehicle. Make sure all 4 tires read the same size, as some vehicles come with staggered fitments which means the front and rear wheels and tires can be different sizes

·
Registered
2003 MR2 with the SMT. Front: 205/45/16, Rear 215/40/17. Sport Tuning T9-2 Black Mach Lip Wheels
169 Posts
I like the staggered look. I'm running Nitto's 205/45/16 in the front and 215/40/17 in the rear.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Konig Dekagrams
Rear: 15x9 + 35 offset - 245/45/15 RT660's

Figured i'd upload better pictures to show fitment. They no longer rub from what i can tell on the car. I have 0 camber on the rear, only crash bolts on the front so maybe 1* of camber. Tein lowering springs and Koni Yellow drop in struts.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
... Square fitment works just fine if you're not stupid.
I would say that not being stupid means maintaining a margin of error if you are going to work near a limit. Of course, you could say that not being stupid means staying well away from a limit. That works too. Not being stupid also means appreciating the times in one's life that one has been lucky, and not confusing that with any kind of risk management.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
There's not enough risk in a square setup to stay away from it, unless you have set up your suspension to work explicitly with a staggered fitment. Go do stupid stuff with square or staggered tires and consequences follow. Use good judgement and have fun. Square with stock power or even up to 300whp should be fine unless you've made suspension changes that would not allow for this to be safe. Like making changes to allow for more oversteer to compensate for the lack of front grip. 185's were never really enough tire for the front.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts