MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need a little info ....
If I have a short shorter for my stock 5spd, will it also work on a 6spd if and when I move to do a swap?

Is premium fuel reccomended or required for a turbo charged 1 or 2zz?

Is the rpm difference between a 5 & 6spd the same regaurdless of euro or us 6spd trans?

What is the best resource for finding a donor for a 6spd used?

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Just need a little info ....
If I have a short shorter for my stock 5spd, will it also work on a 6spd if and when I move to do a swap?

Is premium fuel reccomended or required for a turbo charged 1 or 2zz?

Is the rpm difference between a 5 & 6spd the same regaurdless of euro or us 6spd trans?

What is the best resource for finding a donor for a 6spd used?
yes
yes
depends on which gear you are in. In 6th gear the euro spec at 80 mph = ~3100 rpm. The US spec 6 sp =~3600.
Monkey Wrench Racing can supply new and sometimes good used trannies. Mr. T, has them of course, pm AKA RASTA here on sc for discounted parts.
edit--you wanted used. Just be careful buying used. Curt may have a used 6 sp available later this summer. Look for very low mileage used trannies, because yo you never know how much abuse they have already had.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And if I recall correctly, although ratios are different, difference between 5 and 6 speed is just the 6. 1-5 ratios are the same (so US5-US6 have same ratios and EUR5-EUR6 have same ratios although different from US). Actually, comparing 5 and 6 speeds, they seem to have same ratios US and EUR. 5th is 0,815, 6th is 0,725. Difference between US and EUr is in final drive, US = 4,312 EUR = 3,914. So answer to your question: rpm difference between 5th and 6th is same regardless of US or EUR, only final drive differs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts