MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
To my understanding, North America is only getting the FRS and BRZ right? No GT86?

I would really like an explanation from the TRD guys what those "Door Stabilizer" do other then empty wallets

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
That muffler looks pretty bad ass. I can't wait to see them at the chicago auto show, well them and the lfa.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To my understanding, North America is only getting the FRS and BRZ right? No GT86?

I would really like an explanation from the TRD guys what those "Door Stabilizer" do other then empty wallets
This is correct, we get the scion and subaru. I was thinking the same thing about the door stabilizers, I'm sure they are not cheap either.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,853 Posts
Looks like they go around the latch and the striker. Does not look like they are made of much more than rubber. Maybe make the chassis a bit more rigid but it seems odd that it would have much flex without them.

I like that rear spoiler though. It looks a lot like the LPX that I have on the Spyder!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like they go around the latch and the striker. Does not look like they are made of much more than rubber. Maybe make the chassis a bit more rigid but it seems odd that it would have much flex without them.

I like that rear spoiler though. It looks a lot like the LPX that I have on the Spyder!
I agree, the TRD decklid spoiler makes the rear look much more attractive compared to stock on the 86. The Luxurypart spoiler looks great on the spyder too. IMO

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
I think the point is to attempt to use the door as a structural part of the chassis....like a brace. If effective (big if) I can see that working really well on a convertible....not sure how much benefit one would see on a coupe.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
this reincarnation of 86 is meant to go sideways...

maybe the door stabilizes make less rattle ...oh i guess that where all the door rattles on my spyder:lol:

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Adding up all the stuff to make that car something I want will put its price into STi territory. The main pain point is that it's being sold here as a scion and I'm not a 16 year old kid. I just don't think I will be able to pay the ricer tax on this one. It's a shame too. :( It does look like a nice car.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I have to admit to really digging the body/wheel/brake modifications; with the exception of that horrid rear diffuser. This is going to be a hot looking car. I hope it sells millions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts