MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, theirs a lever to change the belt and I paid the price for not searching how to do it myself earlier.

But anyways, My a/c quit working after I took it to a small shop to change my belt and about a week later my a/c quit and blows a hissing noise when the button is on. Anychance those shady mechanics messed with my a/c while changing my belt?

They never put it on lift, just backed it in the garage and I went to get coffee and some food a half block up and when I returned they had it done (20mins tops I was gone)

This was the first time I didn't goto the dealer for work on my car and want to be sure they arnt screwing with my car. (And the mechanic at the dealer knows my car inside out which is why I go their in the first place)

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
There is a wire group that runs next to the A/C Compressor, that will have the MAG Clutch Sigs.. LIKELY the Plug got pulled in the Horsing Around..

Take it back and have them fix it..

Cap

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The center wheel does not spin at all while the a/c button is ON.

Also, I can spin the wheel freely while the motor is off, and I caan barely see two plugs that are still connected from what I can feel, one sits behind the compressor housing and the other just above the compressor housing.

I have unplugged and re connected both plugs and the wheel still doesn't spin.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So now I assume that the magnet is not engaging the clutch at all, I will go back when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I talked to some other people who jogged my young and forgetful memory about the painted black speed bump I came across awhile back (unfamiliar parking lot) and told me that I might of hit the a/c lines. Im slammed (not hella flush!) on BC Coilovers.

He also mentioned that the compressor might have a fail safe for when theirs no freon running, the compressor will not turn on, does such a fail safe exist?

Im done, when I get home Ill jack the car up and look at the ac lines and see if I spot a crcked line at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The answer is Yes, if the freon level drops to a certain point the compressor will not engage.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
20 minutes is plenty of time to change the belt. If you've done it before and know the routing, you can do it easily in less than 10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts