MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::confused:To all knowledgeable MR2 guys,I'm as confused as an honest politician.My 04 spyder has
chirping noise from the engine when idling.Toyota guys said it was a sloppy belt idler causing
the noise.Decided to fix it myself,but after doing google and google searches, couldn't find info on
belt idler replacement,only tensioner idler replacement.Is there just a belt idler on this thing
or did the Toyota folks mean the belt tensioner idler.When toyota checked the noise,they took
the accessory belt off and the noise disappeard.That's when they discovered the belt idler was
wobbly and probably needed replacing.If there is just a belt idler,how is it replaced.Many parts
internet places list just a belt idler for the MR2 2004 spyders.Is this a separate belt idler or the
belt tensioner idler.As you can tell,I don't know diddly squat about this.Thanks for any help. :(

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
There is an idler pulley its one bolt, runs about 70 bucks if you buy it. They do get wobbly. I'll try and upload a pic if I took one on my thread.

Found it. It has a bolt and a nut. Shouldnt be hard to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is an idler pulley its one bolt, runs about 70 bucks if you buy it. They do get wobbly. I'll try and upload a pic if I took one on my thread.

Found it. It has a bolt and a nut. Shouldnt be hard to do.

Thanks a zillion for the info and pic.I spent two hours on google trying to find pics of this
idler,only came up with the tensioner idler instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.