MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I got my eibach camber kit bolts and my question is....

Do I adjust my camber bolts the way I want my clearence to be first then take my car for an alignment? Or just set my camber to be at ZERO and have my alignment tech do the adjustments?

Thanks

·
Banned
42 Posts
if your alignment guy is not going to charge you an arm and a leg to install the bolts, have him do it. (there's nothing stopping you from installing the bolts, just only loosen one of the strut bolts, leave the other one tight. you can then install your camber bolt, and tighten, and as long as you don't wail on it in the corners, it should hold until you can get an alignment.). also make sure your alignment tech knows to adjust camber before toe. I'd hope he/she knows this of course.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can do it, or have them do it, but they will charge you. It's easy and I'm a cheapskate so I just put them in and turned them until I had max negative camber then took it to get aligned. Just push hub in towards car HARD and hold it while you tighten up your camber bolt, then tighten bottom bolt. These bolts must me tight. I only got like 1.7 deg. negative camber with bolts and stock struts but now have coilovers so added even more to 2.7 I believe. To actually set the negative camber less than maximum the tech will have to adjust both sides to the same amount of negative camber using the readings of the alignment rack to get them even. I would max them out, get alignment, then enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.