MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ads on this forum have gotten much more intrusive lately. Just posting to let site admin know that more and more of us will just use ad blockers if it is like this. I appreciate this site as a resource and don’t block ads in order to support it, but the big intrusive ads that have to be scrolled past push it into another territory. Will be installing ad blocker soon if it doesn’t improve.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Just install it now. Look how long spam posts stay up on this site. VS don't give a shit about it.

Reactions: pwnzor

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I can't understand why anybody at this stage of the game would be not running an ad blocker

·
Registered
995 Posts
Ads on this forum have gotten much more intrusive lately. Just posting to let site admin know that more and more of us will just use ad blockers if it is like this. I appreciate this site as a resource and don’t block ads in order to support it, but the big intrusive ads that have to be scrolled past push it into another territory. Will be installing ad blocker soon if it doesn’t improve.
mr2-spyder.com doesn't have any ads. ;)

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
221 Posts
What ad blocker is everyone using? I don't mind the ones that are at the bottom but randomly in the middle of discussions is irritating, especially if you click on it accidentally. I realize that's the purpose but still irritating. 😡

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
What ad blocker is everyone using? I don't mind the ones that are at the bottom but randomly in the middle of discussions is irritating, especially if you click on it accidentally. I realize that's the purpose but still irritating. 😡
uBlock Origin if you're using Chrome. Another good ad-blocker is mr2-spyder.com

·
Administrator
587 Posts
Are you using mobile or desktop/tablet? Trying to get an idea on what users see on the forum and how they feel about it.
Which ads specifically are less pleasing.

Li

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m usually on mobile, iPhone on Chrome. The ads that I’m referring to are big animated ones that as you’re scrolling fill up the whole screen and you have to keep scrolling to get past them. If you need to scroll back up while writing a reply it causes the same issue again. I think they have sound as well but I usually have my volume turned all the way down so I don’t notice. They can cause the page to freeze or crash sometimes as well. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Four days to respond..............

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Yet more spam on the forum. Yet again AGadmin nowhere to be seen. Patently obvious this board is frequented rarely by them.
Absolute joke.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
Hey all. I'll will be dropping in to the site on a weekly basis to check in on spam, questions, concerns, etc. In regards to the ads, its something we are looking at and making adjustments to. No one likes ads but for most sites on the web, they are a necessary evil. We will continue to tweak and adjust so that the user experience is improved over the coming weeks and months.

If you need anything, please tag this account or send me a PM.

-Mike

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
You think one Agadmin "popping" in once a week is adequate?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
By weekly, I meant daily. I've been checking in regularly and plan to continue doing so.

-Mike
You really could not make the above sentence up. I'm sure an exciting career in politics awaits you.

So, why if you've "been checking in regularly" did it take 4 days to respond to this thread?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You really could not make the above sentence up. I'm sure an exciting career in politics awaits you.

So, why if you've "been checking in regularly" did it take 4 days to respond to this thread?
You understand that Mike is not your employee, and further that this website is free ... Right?

AdBlock Plus.

I do not ever see any of these ads that people are complaining about.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts