MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You understand that Mike is not your employee, and further that this website is free ... Right?

AdBlock Plus.

I do not ever see any of these ads that people are complaining about.
Never said he was, been using adblock plus for many years. The site being free has nothing to do with anything, they make money off the ads and for that they need traffic. I don't remember having to pay for any of the bike or car forums I use, or have used. I will happily donate though to those that are run by members, for members. This site is run by verticalscope for profit, it is hardly too much to ask that they actually run it is there?

I pulled him up for his ridiculous comment "By weekly I mean daily" as it was quite frankly absurd.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
222 Posts
Does Adblock Plus work on smartphones? Can you post a picture of the icon for the version you're using? The ap store only lists one named "Adblock Plus" but says "for Samsung". Is this the correct one which says it's for the Samsung browser but doesn't block youtube ads, etc.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Does Adblock Plus work on smartphones? Can you post a picture of the icon for the version you're using? The ap store only lists one named "Adblock Plus" but says "for Samsung". Is this the correct one which says it's for the Samsung browser but doesn't block youtube ads, etc.
On phones use the AdBlock Browser. It's Chrome under the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Never said he was, been using adblock plus for many years. The site being free has nothing to do with anything, they make money off the ads and for that they need traffic. I don't remember having to pay for any of the bike or car forums I use, or have used. I will happily donate though to those that are run by members, for members. This site is run by verticalscope for profit, it is hardly too much to ask that they actually run it is there?

I pulled him up for his ridiculous comment "By weekly I mean daily" as it was quite frankly absurd.
Sorry, I just don't see the problem. At the other site, trolls run rampant... and no ads to be found, no profit. Also, no content. If I ran a website and found a way to make it profitable instead of costing me money, then what's the harm? Ultimately, the users all decide if they want to stay.

I hear a lot of people complaining about this site, and it just seems like there's really not a damn thing to actually complain about.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
That's because you have low expectations of verticalscope and their generic Agadmins.

If it works for you, fine, but when someone posts about board issues and it is not even acknowledged by an Agadmin for days on end, that is shouting from the rooftops the disdain they hold this board and members in.

As for trolls running rampant at the other place that we must not mention, MR2-Spyder Forum, I think someone is still a bit butthurt after getting their ass reamed on there. 😂

·
Administrator
587 Posts
You really could not make the above sentence up. I'm sure an exciting career in politics awaits you.

So, why if you've "been checking in regularly" did it take 4 days to respond to this thread?
I literally just joined the company, so my statement is accurate. As of this past week, I started visiting the site daily to make sure I handled any outstanding issues.

I get your frustration (believe me). Going forward, I'll be here when you guys need me. However, Its on me to convince you guys of that.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's because you have low expectations of verticalscope and their generic Agadmins.
I have no expectations beyond correcting trollish behavior. Ads are part of the game. I ran ads for local pizza parlors and video arcades on my BBS in the 80's.

I think someone is still a bit butthurt after getting their ass reamed on there.
That's an interesting perspective. Seems like the butt hurt thing to do would be to run off and start a new forum because of some perceived transgression. For my part, I just stopped spending any time there since out of all the MR2 forums this is the only one with any real content that is focused on the 2000-2005 model years, rather than Gen 1-2. I breezed through there the other day and saw there is one discussion going on, and the newest post was two days old. All others were 2-4 weeks old. Oh, and COTM from August last year. When that site was founded, one of the things they talked about was keeping things fresh, like COTM.

On that site, I have learned zero new things about my car. On this site, I've learned quite a lot. It's not a hard decision to make.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I literally just joined the company, so my statement is accurate. As of this past week, I started visiting the site daily to make sure I handled any outstanding issues.

I get your frustration (believe me). Going forward, I'll be here when you guys need me. However, Its on me to convince you guys of that.

-Mike
Good luck Mike... there's a good bit of whining that goes on here. People don't like change. For my part, I could care less about the ads. What I'd like for any admin to do is squash trolls.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I have no expectations beyond correcting trollish behavior. Ads are part of the game. I ran ads for local pizza parlors and video arcades on my BBS in the 80's.

That's an interesting perspective. Seems like the butt hurt thing to do would be to run off and start a new forum because of some perceived transgression. For my part, I just stopped spending any time there since out of all the MR2 forums this is the only one with any real content that is focused on the 2000-2005 model years, rather than Gen 1-2. I breezed through there the other day and saw there is one discussion going on, and the newest post was two days old. All others were 2-4 weeks old. Oh, and COTM from August last year. When that site was founded, one of the things they talked about was keeping things fresh, like COTM.

On that site, I have learned zero new things about my car. On this site, I've learned quite a lot. It's not a hard decision to make.
If you don't have the sense to realise WHY the other site was set up, you deserve all you get when this site is no longer making your overlords money and they pull the plug.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

-Mike
Heard it all before, yet still when there are issues, or members report spam posts, it is days before an Agadmin appears.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you don't have the sense to realise WHY the other site was set up, you deserve all you get when this site is no longer making your overlords money and they pull the plug
So... Why are you still here, and not posting over there?

Hmmm... NO CONTENT ?

Your statement is incredibly revealing. I bet you're one of these people who freaks out if you can't get on Facebook.

This site and every other site could all go away today and it wouldn't cause me a bit of trouble. My car and I will be just fine without you.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
Good luck Mike... there's a good bit of whining that goes on here. People don't like change. For my part, I could care less about the ads. What I'd like for any admin to do is squash trolls.
Everyone has their opinions and I don't consider it whining. As for trolls and general admin "policing", just point me in the direction of where I'm needed.

Heard it all before, yet still when there are issues, or members report spam posts, it is days before an Agadmin appears.
Well, all I can say is I'm here now and hope to change your mind on me going forward.

-Mike

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
So... Why are you still here, and not posting over there?

Hmmm... NO CONTENT ?

Your statement is incredibly revealing. I bet you're one of these people who freaks out if you can't get on Facebook.

This site and every other site could all go away today and it wouldn't cause me a bit of trouble. My car and I will be just fine without you.
Oh dear, there goes that hair trigger again. 😂

I do post on the other board, probably a bit more than I post here, mainly because it keeps me in touch with people I've known online for more than a decade who no longer frequent this board because verticalscope don't give a crap about it. All they care about is numbers, not members.

You left the other board not because of lack of content, but because you got your ass roasted in a thread.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You left the other board not because of lack of content, but because you got your ass roasted in a thread.
If, by this you mean I got sick of trolls running their mouths unchecked with all the ad hominem attacks, then you're entitled to your opinion.

Enjoy your website with one active thread that has nothing to do with cars. That's all you.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
If, by this you mean I got sick of trolls running their mouths unchecked with all the ad hominem attacks, then you're entitled to your opinion.

Enjoy your website with one active thread that has nothing to do with cars. That's all you.
You were quite happy to run your mouth off whilst you were there, but left when you got your ass reamed in a discussion. You left, with your tail firmly between your legs, that is fact, not opinion.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You left, with your tail firmly between your legs, that is fact, not opinion.
So you admit you were looking at my ass when I left. I always suspected, but didn't want to say anything.

But hey, if that's you, then you go ahead and be yourself.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts