MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
If it gives you piece of mind (even if just a false one) and you have money to burn then go for it. Here in South Texas they use a flatbed to take the entire car and strip it. If they just want your stereo they will cut the soft top which is extremely expensive. The best thing would be to hide everything worth stealing in your vehicle.
And that is the point, each area is different, they don't do that here, they are just going through unlocked cars, they have not damaged anyone cars as of now. And this will make it so I don't forget to lock it.

And that is the point, each area is different, they don't do that here, they are just going through unlocked cars, they have not damaged anyone cars as of now. And this will make it so I don't forget to lock it.
I think the bigger question is why can't you remember to lock your doors. I think post it notes with a reminder is far cheaper and more effective then a device that does it for you.
I would only endorse this if for some reason you had no arms at which case you should not be driving in the first place.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
But now I am also able to have the key hole covers! Win Win.

It was a little bit more than a regular keyless entry with 2 fobs, as in like 40$ more, so why not? That just means I wont eat out a few days.

My personal reason is that i just got a bucket seat and holding keys makes it difficult to get in and out
There is another good reason, in the summer I pretty much only wear board shorts, its bad enough carrying keys and a phone, this one fits in my wallet.

Have we become so lazy that we need all this crap on our cars?

My Spyder has a really neat feature, it's called a remote. I can walk up to the car, push a button, and it will unlock both doors! How cool is that? God forbid that I should have to stick the key in the key hole and waste all that energy turning it.

Then I climb in and stick the key in the ignition and tun it, the engine springs to life. WOW! I don't even need a crank!

I then drive one block down to the Walmart on the corner of my street, because I'm too fat and lazy to walk there! Buy something made in China, and drive back home.

My grandparents would be ashamed of me.

Have I said enough?

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Have we become so lazy that we need all this crap on our cars?

My Spyder has a really neat feature, it's called a remote. I can walk up to the car, push a button, and it will unlock both doors! How cool is that? God forbid that I should have to stick the key in the key hole and waste all that energy turning it.

Then I climb in and stick the key in the ignition and tun it, the engine springs to life. WOW! I don't even need a crank!

I then drive one block down to the Walmart on the corner of my street, because I'm too fat and lazy to walk there! Buy something made in China, and drive back home.

My grandparents would be ashamed of me.

Have I said enough?
That's really cool yours had the remote lock and unlock, mine did not. For me to get that and an alarm it was only 40$ less than what I paid.

It was installed and is working flawlessly. I never have to worry about losing my keys again either, or locking them in my car, the key fob is smaller surface area than a credit card but is thicker, it fits perfectly in my wallet. I didn't think to look and notice that the curve of the car where you put the key in wouldn't work with the knob ring, so I need to work on how to get that on.

Discussion starter · #30 ·

There are 3 buttons on the fob, top is lock, below and to the left is unlock, below and to the right of unlock is the power button. If you get the button start it comes with the remote start, to start remotely, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. To remotely release the trunk, press and hold the unlock button for 3 seconds.

Debbie Downer....
LOL. A hardtop *is* still worth every penny, though!! ;)

In regards to theft, I'm sure it does create a certain amount of deterrence in comparison with the soft top.

I only mentioned it because my own got the slimjim treatment, with the HT on. :(

Come to think of it, the majority of my cars have had frameless windows... dang.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Discussion starter · #38 ·
If the battery on my key fob dies, I have a secondary card that I wave over a 3rd antenna and it gives me a 10 second time window to get in my car and start it, the secondary card is actually the white card in the pictures.

Pretty cool product. No need to mess with keys ever again just kinda like the newer cars. This also gets around the steering wheel lock problem with the push button starters. If it was in the 150+ range I'd probably think about it. Yes i'm super lazy and really forgetful as well (i've left keys in ignition more times than I can remember).

+1 for installed pics and maybe a vid?

Would this work with Dev's push button?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.