MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback on adding cruise control to a Spyder that wasn't originally fitted with one. Are the aftermarkets any good? Is there a better solution? Pros / Cons of the different ones that are out there? Are there any differences between the 1zz/2zz that need to be taken into account? Etc.?

And just to head it off now, work off the presumption that cruise control is needed so we don't really need to debate why someone would want cruise control in an MR2. :)

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
i have the MWR cruise. i like it. however it is not as smooth as the factory unit on my Honda Accord. BUT HEY it works and works well. i live in the western us and i fully understand the desire for one. 300 miles round trip on the freeway just to see my kids.

i haven't ck'd but 300 miles would probably take you across Conn. R.I. and Mass. i bet those poor bastages can't average 75 doing it though:lol:

75 is the legal limit here

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
My car has a mwr cruise control unit installed but i think the controller ran out of battery. Is there a replacement battery, anyone know the size?

If it works with just replacing the battery, I would be willing to take it off and sell it to you Kipp.

Don't need cc in NYC :lol: although fun on the highway using buttons instead of pedals.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Condition? How much, shipped to Las Vegas, NV?

Another condition question on a part that doesn't wear? Hmmm Good? The condition is great if it really is just needing a new battery like the previous owner of the car told me. How much? New is 299 from MWR, hows 225 shipped?

Let me find a battery to try out. I can also take pics of uninstall so you can easily reinstall. lol

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Dave did a detailed write up of the install when he bought the cc. Wonder if that is still kicking around in the archives, wayback, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another condition question on a part that doesn't wear?
I've never met a part that didn't wear in some way or another. Ever have something electronic go bad? And lot's of parts that "don't wear" are not always in the best condition. Either way, I think I'm going to pass for now. The thought of hoping it would work just as someone told someone telling me and a part that it sounds like you're not even sure when the last time it worked was makes me nervous. Thanks though.

Dave did a detailed write up of the install when he bought the cc. Wonder if that is still kicking around in the archives, wayback, etc.
Thanks, I'll keep looking for this.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have a few questions. What does the actual unit look like that goes in the engine bay, where does it mount, and most importantly...how much does it weigh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I've never met a part that didn't wear in some way or another. Ever have something electronic go bad? And lot's of parts that "don't wear" are not always in the best condition. Either way, I think I'm going to pass for now. The thought of hoping it would work just as someone told someone telling me and a part that it sounds like you're not even sure when the last time it worked was makes me nervous. Thanks though.

Thanks, I'll keep looking for this.
Yea everything goes bad, but to me electronics usually last way longer than items that wear, like your engine or any mechanical bit.
Well obviously i was going to get it to work before i would even think about selling it to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts