MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know is the Walbro's 255 lph or Power Enteprises' fuel pumps (210-245 lph) noisier than standard? I have had Bosch racing fuel pump in my previous car, and i didn't like the noice of it, although otherwise it was doing it's job fine. I am on the fence with those fuel pumps, and if PE pump is bolt on and less noisier, i will choose it.

I would appreciate any experiences or opinions?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I can't comment on the PE pumps or the Spyder Walbro pumps, but I do have a Walbro in my Ranger currently and it is a bit noisier than the OEM pump. They are known to be somewhat loud, but you definitely learn to drown it out (auditory accommodation). I would think with the pump being where it is in our cars that it mostly would be muffled anyway. Just my $0.02. Good luck.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The stock ECU does not cycle the Fuel Pump upon keying on the electrical system. If it does then I can't hear it on a Walbro 255.

On the other hand the PFC does cycle it once you key in the ignition and it is only loud when it initially primes but only then. Otherwise you can't hear it.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
EH? can't hear the Walbro over the exhaust

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
my walbro is very noisy I heard aeromotives are the quieter ones

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for the replies.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Why not go with the Supra Twin Turbo pump. Flow rate is roughly the same as a Walbro 255 but not nearly as loud. Last I checked pricing with employee discount was 180.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not go with the Supra Twin Turbo pump. Flow rate is roughly the same as a Walbro 255 but not nearly as loud. Last I checked pricing with employee discount was 180.
Ok, thanks for the tip.. Is the Supra TT pump plug&play, or should i do some modifications if i will end up to buy one?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok, thanks for the tip.. Is the Supra TT pump plug&play, or should i do some modifications if i will end up to buy one?
I'm not sure I haven't tried yet on the spyder. It was almost perfect plug and play on my mk2 mr2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts