MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket bucket seats available for a 2001 MR2? I'd like something a little more supportive and that might give me a little more leg room (my legs are 42" from hip joint to foot). Since I don't put a lot of miles on (26,000+ miles in 10 seasons), I might even consider racing seats.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have Buddy Club's with the Sparco rail system. The install should be done by somebody who knows what their doing for sure.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Honestly it doesn't take a genius to install aftermarket seats. Just common sense. Remove old seats. assemble sliders to aftermarket seat. Then seat base/bracket to sliders. Then the entire assembly to car.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
My new hell has been my Sparco Chrono install. Most companies have Wedge Engineering make their brackets. I ordered them from THMotorsport. The salesman said I need to buy seatbelt adapters as well ($90ea) Which you DO NOT need. Sparco drop shipped the order and gave me two driver brackets. In their defense they were mis labeled but any idot could see that they were exactly the same. Any who THM couldnt get off their lazy behinds so in talking with Sparco my un-needed adapters on Sparco's site were $20 and Wedge is 2+ weeks behind for Spyder brackets. Wedge with shipping costs more than Sparco to buy brackets.

Cliff notes: THM sucks go to Sparco directly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts