MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it called in the hardware store?

I know what to look for but I don't know what to tell the store employee what it is that Im looking for. That may be what my steering issue is that I had a couple weeks back that I posted about. I do allot of highway driving and after the bushing swap the steering is so responsive tht without the (missing?) Air dam anything above 65mph is a bit nauseating with all the tiny steering corrections, feed back is beyond amazing just got to tone it down a bit.

I failed at searching from the get go.

Thanks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Air dam!

Not sure what you're looking for. I know that post 2002 models have and air dam (bassicaly a long plastic tab) attached underneath front bumper to help handling aerodynamics on the highway. From you're signature you have a 2003 which should have this already installed.

PS- If you want I can post picture of the one on my car.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It never came with the car when I first picked it up in 07, was in a front end collision with certified salvage title (yes I know, its been a nightmare)

Someone claimed it already xbiker but thanks!

So I guess Ill just head off to the store and wonder around aimlessly until I find what Im looking for.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Are you talking about "garden edge"? It's a fairly common "hardware store" mod in regards to aero. Not going to do much for you but it looks cool. Make sure you secure it on well or you will end up running it over.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garden Edge!

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You can get the factory spoiler from any Toyota dealer or online. Part # is 76851-17070, list price is currently $50.40, and you would need some bolts as well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So I bought a front air dam for my 01 and thought I would need to retrofit but mine already had all the stock mounting points in place... Nice surprise :p

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just go to the junkyard and take one off of a passat! :cool:

·
Registered
490 Posts
What model year(s) of the Passat did you get it from? That looks very nice. Thanks,
I forget, but I think it was 90's. It had to be cut to fit too. I agree, Russel (previous owner) did a nice job with it!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, just ordered it 5min. ago.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
nvm...

·
Registered
553 Posts
You should have 2, one on each side right in front of your tires. This one just adds a piece in the center. Should all be the same in height

1 - 20 of 26 Posts