MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions about the air intake for an 2zz-ge Spyder.

i've made my own intake but i really want to make it better so i took a look at the PPE Swap intake.

I cant find the diameter of this intake, so do you know how many inches this one is?
Also what should you connect to the pipe next to the MAF sensor?

thanks in advance

Regards,

Sherwin

·
Registered
128 Posts
2.75 intake from ebay for the matrix works great. Just need to figure out the cutting areas for a perfect fit.

The connector your referring to is connected to the solenoid that is also connected to the charcoal canister. The solenoid use to connect to the stock intake box. You will need to figure a way to connect it to the new intake.

IIRC the swap PPE intake is either 2.75" ID for stock ecu or 3" ID for aftermarket ecu. To me its too expensive for it and I just don't like the silicon elbow.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I made mine out of 2.75" tubing and I added a velocity stack at the end, I also used a silicone elbow like ppe

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Why do people seem to love the bend? isn't it just going to add restriction and grab air from a hotter place? Mine points behind the battery.

-Spargo

·
Registered
495 Posts
My filter is huge and doesn't fit behind the battery. Im hoping to move the battery to the front then point the intake into that area

·
Registered
622 Posts
I made mine out of 2.75" tubing and I added a velocity stack at the end, I also used a silicone elbow like ppe

Major heatsoak! I made a intake similar to this one. Now I have it behind the battery and the battery on the crossmember. Now it gets cooler air, but still hot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do people seem to love the bend? isn't it just going to add restriction and grab air from a hotter place? Mine points behind the battery.

-Spargo
Same here! Made it from a PVC Pipe, i simply glued the maf sensor to the pipe!
It's 2,75" so should work perfect with the OEM ECU.

Well i still dont get it, where is the tube which has to be connected to the nipple on the PPE air intake...? Where does it go?

I don't have that thingy in my car is this a USA -only tube or do i also need to attach it? (EU) spyder

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts