MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be that when a person reached into the vehicle, the alarm would sound. Now nothing. The alarm will sound if a door is opened, so the system is partially working. The literature says to contact the dealer. The dealer doesn't seem to know much about this car and I thought you guys would know better. So, has anyone had a similiar experience?

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
It used to be that when a person reached into the vehicle, the alarm would sound. Now nothing. The alarm will sound if a door is opened, so the system is partially working. The literature says to contact the dealer. The dealer doesn't seem to know much about this car and I thought you guys would know better. So, has anyone had a similiar experience?
Is this an oem or aftermarket system? Don't think oem came with proximity sensors. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I could be wrong but that button only disables the interior sensor for each occurrence, so the next time you arm the alarm the sensor is active. But what do I know my alarm doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're correct! That switch disables the sensors. I believe the system is factory since the literature says to contact the dealer if it doesn't work properly. It defenitly doesn't work the way it used to. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Have you check all of your fuses?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like a sensitivity problem rather than a fuse. We are both at the extremes and we need to be in the middle, mine is not sensitive enough and yours is too sensitive. There is probably a potentiometer somewhere that needs adjusting. Does anyone know where that might be?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't know muc about these systems, but just throwing it out there...

when I leave my cell in my car, the alarm goes off.

pretty much universally whenever the phone is the the car, it will go off, you can reset the alarm, then it goes off again in a bit. Until I figured it out, it was super annoying. I go to the gym, come out, the alarm went off. I park my car at night, once ina blue moon, the alarm goes off, and continues to go off all night.

I don't normally leave the phone in the car, but as I'm sure you guys have too, just sitting in the car empties your pockets.... I feel like I can fund the new top I want with teh loose change on my floor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know muc about these systems, but just throwing it out there...

when I leave my cell in my car, the alarm goes off.

pretty much universally whenever the phone is the the car, it will go off, you can reset the alarm, then it goes off again in a bit. Until I figured it out, it was super annoying. I go to the gym, come out, the alarm went off. I park my car at night, once ina blue moon, the alarm goes off, and continues to go off all night.

I don't normally leave the phone in the car, but as I'm sure you guys have too, just sitting in the car empties your pockets.... I feel like I can fund the new top I want with teh loose change on my floor.
Could it be the phone bluetooth (an incoming call or message) is setting off the car's microwave movement sensor?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The installation and owners manuals are on the TIS site. I know I just used them to 100% remove mine for a cleaner install of my new one. If you aren't comfortable looking at it yourself, for $15 you can at least provide an audio shop with proper instructions on how to troubleshooting it. I say audio shop because if your dealer can't find this info then they will probably never be able to fix the problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes everything is PDF form If you want the whole Spyder manual, then there are right around 500 documents for the whole service manual :eek: Wiring is additional, as are any service bulletins, and then things like the VIP system and other dealer or port installed options are in another section. I've heard there are some easier ways to do the complete download, but couldn't find anything more than rumors.

I've got everything downloaded on my work laptop which is at the shop right now otherwise I would just post the info on the alarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.