MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to get my Spyder aligned in San Diego, please? Looking for somewhere that will tweak to a specific setup, not necessarily the factory specs (which I understand have very large acceptable ranges).

Have never had a car aligned since moving to the US, so not sure what the "mainstream" places such as Firestone are like. Will they only adjust to the factory spec? Will they make adjustments with crash/camber bolts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
if you can. bring your car up to orange county to mario's imports. very trustworthy guys. and they know a lot about MR2's. i just took my car to get aligned there 2 days ago cuz i installed coilovers. they did a very good job.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
How much do you want to change camber? I am using -1.5 degrees camber on the front and had to elongate the mount holes and use Toyota crash bolts in the front. My rear camber is -1 degrees and I have room to go more negative in the future if the need arrises without crash bolts. Depending on what you want there may not be enough room for adjustment. I recommend you get Toyota crash bolts and install them before you get an alignment. It should make the alignment easier for the shop to give you want you want if you request is within range.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! Suspension Plus seems to get rave reviews and is not far from me, so I will give them a call!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Clarence Brown Alignment and Frame in Kearny Mesa. While you wait for your car, you can eat at Sushi Deli 3 right down the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts