MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an audio system with a Scion HU and Boston Acoustics component speakers with crossovers, but all the wiring between the HU and the speakers is stock. Recently I've found my sound cutting in and out on bumpy roads, but the HU itself stays on. It doesn't matter if I'm using the radio, the CD, or the iPod input, it's all or nothing. I tried putting in the AM/FM/CD/cassette HU that originally came with the car, and for a while it seemed fine, but the same thing started happening the same day that I put it back in. I don't have any amps between the HU and the speakers, so I can't blame that, and since both speakers are cutting out at the same time, I doubt the problem is at the speaker level. Has anyone else had problems like this before? If so, did you ever figure out a way to fix it?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
There is a bad connection somewhere between the HU and the speakers. If both channels are dropping, it may be at the connector/cables behind the HU. Probably bad Molex connector pin(s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.