MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Excellent contact! They appear to repair similar systems for BMW, Maserati etc. They should speak our language.
Hey cyclehead that sensor works but something is not the same got to figure it out , thought i had better let you know.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey cyclehead that sensor works but something is not the same got to figure it out , thought i had better let you know.
Thanks. I sent a note to Burkhart asking if they could match the LUK sensor. We’ll see if they reply. I haven’t tried contacting your other suggestion yet.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
EE here with a background in pressure transducers in a previous life.

I have an alternative for you. Buy an affordable sensor that fits and has a higher pressure scale than the OEM sensor. Use a cheap $7 microcontroller...
That’s excellent! I am rounding up a mechanical pressure gauge and tee fittings so I can see what’s happening with pressures and voltages. I’d love to find an inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s excellent! I am rounding up a mechanical pressure gauge and tee fittings so I can see what’s happening with pressures and voltages. I’d love to find an inexpensive solution.
I know what mean, i really appreciate you guys and all your information you've shared help me a lot.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
A custom controller will only be needed if it's a custom voltage range. If it can match something off the shelf I would go that route.

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,320 Posts
A custom controller will only be needed if it's a custom voltage range. If it can match something off the shelf I would go that route.
Of course! KISS is best. I'm simply stating if all else fails and you cant find a matching conditioned output sensor we could easily/cheaply implement a remapping of the pressure with non appreciable lag. If the sensor output is linear then a simple resistor divider or op amp could fix your offset. If its a curve then a quick PIC program would do it on a non rugged board for under $10.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. I sent a note to Burkhart asking if they could match the LUK sensor. We’ll see if they reply. I haven’t tried contacting your other suggestion yet.
Hey cyclehead got a 1880 code let me know if you find correct sensor onward though the fog

21 - 33 of 33 Posts