MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much says it all.

I'm 6' 2'' and I've been really looking into getting a Spyder. The closest one for sale from me is 90 miles away and I wouldn't want to drive all that way to not fit in one.

I can say I'm praying i can fit into this one cause out of all the cars Ive seen this is the only one that's ever caught my eye!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually, I had this very same concern when I became interested in them. Since I had experience once with a convertible where the window frame felt like it was obstructing my view. I'm 6'1 though, but you'll find when you sit in one that the seat is low enough and goes back far enough that you will feel very comfortable in one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
also note that a hard top increases head room buy 1-2"

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
That's 3 centimeters taller then I am. Should not be a problem.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is your height mainly in your legs or your trunk? I ask because people with longer legs will have trouble fitting their knees under the dash, while those with longer trunks will struggle with headroom. One guy I know about your height has most of his height in his trunk and fits okay, but someone shorter than him with longer legs can barely get his feet on the pedals.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'm 6'5". SC430 Lexus, Honda S2000, Porsche Boxter, SLK Mercedes, Miata, are all too small for me. BMW Z3 and Nissan 350Z were okay as I recall. I think I'm fairly proportional between legs/torso. Note, my beergut carpool partner can barely get his head into the car because he's sitting on a 3" padding of butt fat, even though he is shorter than me by about 6 inches.

Note: I can stretch my legs out locked straight, if I put my foot near the steering column (one at a time). There's an open space under the dashboard where some folks mount a subwoofer (aftermarket). Nice to stretch on long trips. I am fairly limber though - I got into and out of this Lotus Exige. Link

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
I am 6'2" and 200ish. No issues. My son who is 6'7" and 210 can drive it and is comfortable. My son who is 6'4" 250 can barely drive it. The steering wheels hit his legs. Depends more on thickness than height.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats nice to know. I weigh 170 but i'm more on the thin side. Within the next couple months im going to begin my search in buying one. I really cannot wait to get a hold of one of these! :love:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...TA&searchRadius=100&listingId=309574440&Log=0

This is one of the Spyders ive been especially looking at. What worries me is the price for so little miles.

most spyders ive seen with this low of miles around here are above 10k. Ive looked through the first time buyers guide here but thats all stuff i cant seem to identify till i got see it.

Do any of you more experienced owners see anything just from a glance that I, being new to spyders, cannot?

Edit: I did just now notice a difference of cars between the 5th and last pictures. They have two different radios in them. Im not sure whether to take it as a older picture or something i should be really worried about

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. The ad mentions "new radio", plus that's the only picture was taken in the driveway. I'd guess the driveway picture is older. It would be a good idea to pay a shop to remove the ox sensors and look at the pre-catalytic converters, plus do a compression check. Hopefully pre-cats are intact and compression is all high and even.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
photo 7 looks to be OEM radio and shift knob. Photo 5 seems to be different on both. ?????

I am 6' 195 with a 34 inseam and fit well seat one knotch up, steering full up. Getting out of a low car is fun though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't understand how anyone taller than me (6') can fit comfortably in the Spyder, however, this is true with a lot of cars I've driven. Driving with the seat all the way back, I can barely rest my right thigh on the seat while working the go pedal. Also, if I drive for an hour or more I get some kind of pain in my right hip that I've never experienced before. My inseam is 32-34, so I think I'm fairly proportional. Headroom is no problem though.

Did I mention the car is a blast to drive. It must be for me to put up with the discomfort.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.