MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be great to get a thread going specifically for apps that we use to help manage our car(s) or hobby.

I use:
Torque - obd2 scanner and track recorder for races
Dash Command - obd2 scanner and track recorder for races, my favorite
Ultimate Drive - allows user to share roads or trips they deem "fun"
Trapster - users add info about speed traps, cameras, speed, and other driving conditions

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Torque app has helped me allot and is totally worth the 30$ investment!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Garmin also has an iPhone app out and has the same look as their GPS unit.

And what OBD2 adapter are you all using for Dashcommand and Torque?
I'm using PLX Kiwi Bluetooth.

I would like the wifi version for faster connection but i'm not willing to switch to an iPhone just for that.

On a side note, another dyno app for iPhone users is Dynolicious, I had the blackberry version years ago and it seemed pretty accurate.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I iphone music feature works great since I had the aux port installed in the radio.
Google music is awesome, coverts all music and allows you to save 20k songs and play all from the cloud.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There's an app called A Lap Recorder. It works with your camera to record your driving and also tells you 1/4 mile times g force etc and using your location maps out the track you drove.
there's a free demo version and a cheap paid version.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Speaking of the Torque app for Android,

Does anyone know how to actually record the Gauges so I can Post up some information for Cap so we can watch how the Engine is doing?

Such as Recording my Fuel Trims and posting them online for others to see?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Are you saying the data-rate of the OBD2 port is faster than bluetooth can handle? That sounds unlikely?
With our car, no, it's not too much for a Bluetooth too handle. Maybe some other car but it would depend on their ECU. I'm referring to the amount and refresh rate, don't know if it's the device or manufacture choice but their wifi can handle more PIDS p/sec.

Speaking of the Torque app for Android,

Does anyone know how to actually record the Gauges so I can Post up some information for Cap so we can watch how the Engine is doing?

Such as Recording my Fuel Trims and posting them online for others to see?
If you go to realtime information, then click the menu button you have the option to email logs. From the main screen if you go to settings, data logging and upload, from here you can choose what to log and also set up a web server to save your data.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
yes but that has a month fee and cost you money the one I am talking about is 100% FREE no monthly charges.

I got my garmin in 2007 they want me to pay 90 bucks to upgrade my maps and I laugh at them because for 20 bucks more I could get a brand new GPS of better quality. That is the reason all these companies will be out of business in 5 years.
You can pirate the newer maps for the Garmin:ph34r:

But i have several GPS services on my phone. MotionX, mapquest, Garmin, Telenav, and GPS Stone. As well as some other apps that are supposed to track you route, they were designed for bicyclist or runners but I assume they would work the same. CB Lite, MapMyRun.

Most auto related apps I have are geared towards tracking fuel mileage(32 average in the Spyder) MurphyUSA, Road Trip, Gas Cubby, Gasbuddy, Dynolicious, Light 'em up, LogWorks, Pocketdyno, HUDY Pro, and gForce.

I have also been passively looking for a new Radio for my RSX. I have pretty much decided on a unit from Pioneer that has an app mode for Iphones and will run stuff like Google Maps, MotionX GPS, DashCommand among others.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of the guys from our East TN SCCA region just wrote an app for andoid to help calculate PAX times. Check it out on the market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts