MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out a way to output video from my phone and/or Moto Xoom tab to an in-dash monitor. I'm not finding HUs that support HDMI in - those that have AV in require a dig to analog converter and I'm trying to avoid adding another mess of wires under the dash. Has anyone else ever thought of doing this?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting for Pioneer to release their new AppRadio 2 in a few months.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+2+(SPH-DA100)

7" touch-screen, works with Android and iOS apps. It is compatible with Android phones and tablets with the HDMI connector.
Gorgeous...and wouldn't you know it I was broken into last night. I can't really tell from the description but will it take a simple video input from an Android video player (MXvid player for me) to your knowledge?

And who in the right mind would break into a Spyder, NOT knowing how to remove an Alpine HU? All they got was my 30GB Ipod, could've had a couple amps if they looked behind the seats. Or a pair of Oakley's if they knew about the dash stow compartment which was untouched. Some people...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Car PC with JDM nav pod.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Car PC with JDM nav pod.
Very clean - what kind of interface/mouse/keyboard are you using on that?Mobile hotspot? Windows 8 for tablet = touchscreen monitor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts