MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
It's not bad... as a body kit. But don't badge it as a Ferrari.

That's a great candidate for a 1st gen hood badge and Spyder badge in the back.

As far as his ad, people might like to know what year it is. :confused:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Honestly, I would like to take one and go crazy with a side-cutter and some body filler to make something out of one. Stripping the ferrari badges, adding lip kit and a more aggressive look to the front bumper would make a nice looking car without having to pose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never understood these things even when it was Fieros being... "customized". With all that work why not make something completely original instead? I know v8archie has some unique kits for Fieros, not my cup of tea, but at least they're different.

A buddy and I ran into a "Fierorri" a few years ago at a redlight. I'll admit the outside looked nice, but looking inside you could see the interior was all Fiero. I'm guessing the motor was all Fiero as well, as it didn't fare too well versus my buddy's base model Saturn Ion

·
Registered
34 Posts
...I'm guessing the motor was all Fiero as well, as it didn't fare too well versus my buddy's base model Saturn Ion
Heck, with the old Iron Duke or that Evil General Motors 2.8L V6, it probably wouldn't have fared too well against a kid on a tricycle :)

Someone at the lab once had Fiero/Northstar V8 setup for sale. And he'd left the exterior stock, except for some neat little Northstar badges. I was tempted. But this poor thing... sheesh. If the guy wanted to pretend, why didn't he just put on a Porsche Speedster replica kit? Now that would have confused people.

I'm not sure I entirely believe that ad, either. 'Work on an offshore oil rig'? Right. Yeah. Sure thing. That's a lot like those 'Have to leave to join the Service send cashier's check or money order will ship to your address' ads that turn up all the time.

If I was going to modify this thing, I'd think, "Hey, the body's trashed, so why not cut into the hood, put in some fake machine gun mounts, put a fake grenade launcher and smoke dispensers on the back, add some angles to the fenders so they look like Chobham armor, add a fake HUD display, fire control computer, and armor plate to the cockpit, and have some fun?" The CHPs might take a dim view of the project, but those guys have no sense of humor...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Finding an unmolested spyder in the future is gonna be hard, don't know why people do these things. I'd rather spend the money on the engine (keeping the outside stock) and surprising people with the performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.