MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An 02 Spyder just sold on BaT for 16,250.

The selling prices are getting higher and higher. It was a nice, low-mileage example, but it likely wouldn't have gotten that price here on SC.

The take-away message is, if you want to get a really good price, list on another venue.

It's unfortunate because a lot of Spyder enthusiasts are going to be priced out of the market.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Wait until they blow their motor! They'll be right back here in SC trying to get rid of it, wondering why they can't get 10k for a roller.

·
Registered
177 Posts
An 02 Spyder just sold on BaT for 16,250.

The selling prices are getting higher and higher. It was a nice, low-mileage example, but it likely wouldn't have gotten that price here on SC.

The take-away message is, if you want to get a really good price, list on another venue.

It's unfortunate because a lot of Spyder enthusiasts are going to be priced out of the market.
Prices a creeping up here in Los Angeles on cragislist.

·
Registered
2002 MR2 Spyder 1zz
72 Posts
Someone I know through my instagram just sold his for $20k. Admittedly it was heavily modded, kswapped, etc, but still, impressive figure. I bought mine ('02, 87k miles at the time, 6spd, green/tan leather) for $7300 and have gotten multiple offers of $10k+ in the nine months since then. Think I'll hang on to him a little longer.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Someone I know through my instagram just sold his for $20k. Admittedly it was heavily modded, kswapped, etc, but still, impressive figure. I bought mine ('02, 87k miles at the time, 6spd, green/tan leather) for $7300 and have gotten multiple offers of $10k+ in the nine months since then. Think I'll hang on to him a little longer.
I don't mind the value of the car going up, as long as I have one clean and running. Even if the only value in the car is what it sells for, it makes the platform slightly more valuable and hopefully drives demand for aftermarket support. Keeping the car drives supply down, and this is to the benefit of owners who don't sell.

I had 2 cash offers for my car, one of them for $15k and the guy didn't even know what the car was. He was just tired of everybody leasing the same car as him.

·
Registered
659 Posts
This one is an SMT, and I noticed the other BaT example that sold in the $30,000’s was a PFL (00-02.)

I do not mean to offend, but I hope these individuals are doing their due diligence on these cars and the legitimate headaches they can induce.
This much money can get a Boxster/Cayman in quite good condition. As much as I love this chassis I can’t endorse these purchases.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Reactions: torossi2 and seantc

·
Registered
2018 Subaru BRZ
13 Posts
BaT always attracted nice cars and deep pockets. It only grew worse over the last year and BaT pricing on most cars are quite significantly higher than other venues. Sure, the cars might be better sorted and more desirable in terms of mileage/condition/spec but for someone looking for a car to drive and enjoy I'd stay clear of BaT.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Sounds like BaT would be the best place to sell my Solar Yellow 2002 if I ever decide to... less than 4k miles...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They do have a high sale success rate (over 80%, I think) but they make you jump through a lot of hoops and pressure you to set the reserve lower than you may want it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts