MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Some time in 2001, Toyota started equipping Spyders with a chin spoiler. If you don't have one, that's part of your problem. Without the spoiler, the car begins to wander at about 60mph.

The part number is 76851-17070.
I installed mine with some humongous plastic rivets ("clips" in Toyota parlance) I found at ACE Hardware. They have 3/8" shafts and 1" heads. I don't know what ACE calls them, but they're in the plastic fastener section.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Iirc, I think it was Mr. "Old Man" who posted a picture of a green Spyder with a rmodified roof rack and I copied the design.
Several SpyderChat members have posted about engine lid mounted luggage racks, but I'm not one of them. I rarely carry any cargo other than a coat stored in the cubby behind the seats and a small "survival kit" in the frunk.

On this thread's original topic:
All Spyders came with rectangular "spats" in front of the front wheels. They add stability and should not be removed, but owners have been known to remove them anyway. If yours are missing, replace them. Here is a low resolution image (best I could find) of a 2000 ad extolling them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts