MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friends are really into fixed-gear bikes, so much so that we are starting a company the specializes in custom fixed-gears and is also a messenger service for the isthmus. Right now we have built 6 bikes. I'll get more pictures of all the bikes we have made later but for now, here are a few pictures that we took the other day on our first day of shooting footage for film were making. don't make to much fun of us, we had been riding for three and a half hours and it was COLD out side.

First me and my roomie Rashad.

The bikes we were riding that day, from left to right, Raleigh Rush hour, my 72 Raleigh Record, and the Bob Jackson Jackson.

My other friend Zeb and Rashad.

Me track-standing, remember no making fun it was COLD!

A little no handed track-standing.

My room mate of course having to one-up me, notice only one foot.

So yea just a few pictures of my other passion, I'll get more pictures up of all the bikes we've built later. Anyone else this crazy about fixies?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't and never have rode a fixed gear. When I did a lot of racing in the late '70's/early '80's, only the hardcore road fixed gears in the winter for training. I certainly respect those who can ride them skillfully. I like your Raleigh Record (early-mid '70's?) and Bob Jackson. Here are my rides- a Rossin from 1980 and newer LeMond. The Rossin with Campy Super Record is still a nice ride!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I was country when country wasn't cool--just kidding--I started riding fixed gear during the early 90's to train during the winters for racing in the spring... I never would have guessed that this current trend would make cycling fashionable in the mainstream. Next Thursday night at 10:00 p.m. I'll be doing an underground latenight fixed gear race in Miami Beach called Loose Cannons. First place is a $50 tab at a local drinking establishment:)

·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, really? Only two people for training? No other messengers out there? Oh well, Thanks for the comments on the bikes, I love my Record too. Wait till you see the miyata that we built, its sexy. You guys ever do a critical mass? we have them here in madison but its pretty small right now, chicago is the place to go. I like my hills though, nothing like bombing a hill with a 46/13 ratio and no brakes to make you feel like a bad ass, haha.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that had a lot to do with why I don't ride a fixed gear:ambulance:
Haha yeah I can understand that, I'm just crazy like that. A few of my friends ride with a brake, they just don't get as much hipster pussy, haha just kidding.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i still ride BMX lol...
me too, but only on the street now and nothing like the old days..
Id jump a car off a bridge, but im a little uneasy about doing dirt jumps & mini ramps these days:lol:

·
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
riding around downtown on a fri/sat night and messing with the drunkies hehe
Haha, we do that all the time. Get 7 of us riding in a pack drifting around everyone, doing balance competitions, ripping down state street at 30mph, and generally raising hell. Its a lot of fun and most people really get a kick out of it, they yell and cheer all the time. We get "biker gang" yelled at us at least once a night when we go out. the best are the bar hops, then ballance competitions, now thats humorous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
fixed yes, gear no

Does a Penny-farthing count?

Not mine, mines black. Looks like the image won't appear, but it isn't mine anyway.

Had a Gitane Track Standard from 1975-95 and miss it, but still ride road bikes, a 1980 vintage custom made with Super Record, and a newer Kestrel, plus a couple of tandems to ride with my wife.

Don

02 Spyder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts