MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
like the title says I want to do that to try to get a better power band also a bigger throttle body. I know getting a smaller turbine will help me with that but I dont want to change my turbine... unless someone is willing to trade a gt2871R for my gt3076 and of course with some money extra.. Also I know that I need cams to but later they will come

I know this have been done on 1zz on celicas and corollas but I need to know if the manifold will fit considering I need a spacer to get this working...

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Were there gains from the celica and corolla camps? I never knew about this but have done a IM swap on my puny 1.5L civic to another civic's IM and I definitely noticed more torque.

If this could free up better top end for the 1zz it would be great. How this is this spacer and who makes it? Whats the purpose of the spacer?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were there gains from the celica and corolla camps? I never knew about this but have done a IM swap on my puny 1.5L civic to another civic's IM and I definitely noticed more torque.

If this could free up better top end for the 1zz it would be great. How this is this spacer and who makes it? Whats the purpose of the spacer?
spacer would be made by my tuner (he is also a mechanical Engineer) he also designed ppe 2zz header..

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
What is the purpose of this spacer? Does the 2zz Im not bolt right on? Is the spacer an adaptor?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

I don't think it would help the 1zz much in NA trim, it seems like the head design is the limiting factor for airflow more than anything.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it would help the 1zz much in NA trim, it seems like the head design is the limiting factor for airflow more than anything.
I think that would help me because its flow a lot better than the stock one and I'm boosted to..

·
Registered
495 Posts
It will flow a lot better but the head design is really going to limit the gains

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any testing done to prove that it flows more than the 1zz's?
yeah I remeber someone flow bech both Im and the 2zz flowed higher but I cant find that thread anymore I thin it was in newcelica.org but still cant find it

·
Registered
964 Posts
Should be better than the plastic 1zz manifold which may crack under boost. But still the 1zz head is the main restriction.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
The plastic IM can take quite a bit of boost, I wouldn't worry about it breaking at any reasonable boost level. I also don't see the head being restrictive in NA form. I would be curious to see an aftermarket IM developed for the 1zz to see what gains might be made from it, 2zz IM retrofit included.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The plastic IM can take quite a bit of boost, I wouldn't worry about it breaking at any reasonable boost level. I also don't see the head being restrictive in NA form. I would be curious to see an aftermarket IM developed for the 1zz to see what gains might be made from it, 2zz IM retrofit included.
the plastic IM doesnt break under boost that's a fact I seen 30PSI and no problems.. I have ran 20PSI and No problems either

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
Yup that's what I was saying. I think MWR used a debaffled stock IM on their 500hp spyder. I am curious if a 2zz IM retrofitted to a 1zz would make any power.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yup that's what I was saying. I think MWR used a debaffled stock IM on their 500hp spyder. I am curious if a 2zz IM retrofitted to a 1zz would make any power.
Oh the plastic baffle was what I meant. I remember that someone who (Joe's blue spyder?) has the broken baffle piece stuck inside the intake side of the head? I was a while back. I will see if I can find that post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts