MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I live in Texarkana, TX. Texarkana is about 2.5 hours away from Dallas and also 2.5 hours away from Little Rock. Also, it is about 1.0 hours from Shreveport, Louisiana. Is there anyone willing to donate some time and space to help me with a 2zz swap?
PM me if you feel like you want to help. I appreciate this greatly! I am married but I want to keep my spyder. The only way to keep it is if I can save money on the labor expenditure. I would try doing this myself, but I do not have a clean place to work and not one garage is available to me. I would help whomever helps me as I am a good novice mechanic. I can take off back bumper and a slew of other things. (My dad is cantankerous on those kind of issues...like letting me have the whole garage for a week or so).
About me: I am 30, married to my wife, and have one 2 month old daughter. I would love to be able to give her a ride when she gets older in the spyder. I have owned 88sc, 92t, and 89sc. If I can not get help, I will have to trade or sell my spyder. It has a rod knock and it is getting worse. I need a dependable vehicle because I am the only one who works in the family.

Please help.

Brian

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little rocket charges $4500 turnkey. Sadly, I can't afford that right now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand, but I can remove the engine if I just had a garage to work inside of...I know that this is going to cost me money, and I do not mind that part of it. If I could get help on the swap, it would be great. If not, I guess I will just have to borrow or keep saving until I can pay for the total swap. :( In the meantime, I will have to drive my wife's gas drinking Jeep Liberty. :eek:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Here's an idea that may help: buy the parts yourself and use whatever you had leftover that could were willing to offer to pay someone and instead offer to rent someone's garage for a period of time. I'm sure you could find someone willing as long as you don't mind them towing the car if it doesn't start.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds great. I would be willing to tow the spyder if it does not start, yes. Renting a garage...never thought of that idea! Good idea; thanks for the advice, KingSpyder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts