MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals

I work at AutoCraft Interiors in Ludlow, MA where we do automotive upholstery for any and EVERY vehicle. I have been talking with a few co workers and have come to ask everyone here if they are interested. We can definitely do this for SpyderChat members at a group discount, we would need a minimum of 5 people to sign up. Paypal, Credit Card over the phone are methods of payment if anyone is wondering.
Both seats in leather would be $465.00. Embroidering for the MR2 Spyder identical to the back of the passneger side of 2000+ models is an extra $25 for both seat.
Custom Embroidering is possible, but a digitizing fee applies (varies by size/complexity). Suede is possible, but an additional $40.00/pair.
Door Panel pieces are also available. Door Panels in velour/cloth/vinyl are $30.00. Leather and Suede door panels are $50.00
We have an INSANE amount of color options. Obviously we need to sign up through Spyderchat, and will do so if we have the voices heard for orders.
The seats can also be done in vinyl ($325.00) if anyone wishes to go this route as well as velour/cloth ($350.00). Let me know as soon as possible everyone!
If there are enough buyers, we will make a set of leather seats with embroidery and I will install them on my seats so everyone can get an idea of what they are getting. We HAVE the patterns for the 91-94 and 00-06 MR2s! If your year isn't listed we can do them, but you would have to send your seat skins in and it would take anywhere from 4-6.5 weeks for patterning and sewing. Typical ship time is 3-4.5 weeks as these are all done by hand professionally. Any questions? Shoot em my way B)

I totoally forgot to mention that two-tone interiors are at no extra charge!

-Patrick
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder ( Miri )

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
how much would cloth and or suede door inserts run?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Black micro suede/alcantare side bolsters, red perforated suede/alcantara, and Id need some matching fabric for other items through people on here. So thats 1 interested, but def want to see a prototype.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be updating the original post so everyone can see at the top when the jump into the post they can see all the information at once.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Leather seats look great but are really hot down here in the summer. I may have an interest in some high quality cloth seat covers for my 2000 Spyder as my original seat covers are looking a bit faded. I'd want black with silver inside to look the same as the stock colors.

Do you know about what a fair price for professional installation would be? Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Professional installation varies from upholstery shop to shop. We do just the actual seat skins. Installation can run a few hours of labor most likely at whatever their rate is. I can take and put these bad boys apart and put them back together in less than 4 hours as I took them apart to install a heated seat element in mine.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Professional installation varies from upholstery shop to shop. We do just the actual seat skins. Installation can run a few hours of labor most likely at whatever their rate is. I can take and put these bad boys apart and put them back together in less than 4 hours as I took them apart to install a heated seat element in mine.
Will you also be selling a heater kit as an option?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can ask the bossman, but I don't think it will be available. I have asked him this question before. It is not in high enough demand. I can advise you that Ebay motors sells them and you might want to look there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Synthetic Leather.... its not leather, its not vinyl, its Leatherette!!!! The Ultimate Driving Interior Fabric.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duska,

It is rather difficult to describe in detail automotive upholstery through words. Usually pictures and description help better. All you really have to do is unzip the back and break every hogring off. the cover should slide out and through the hole. Always always always start from the center and work your way out when installing new hogrings to keep things alligned and tight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are a lot of leather seat cover manufacturers that offer multi colors, stampings , perforations and logo embroidery around like Katskins etc, what differentiates your product from the others ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In response to Dallas-

What sets us apart from companies like Katskins and the like, is that we are a smaller company. We have the ability to pay more attention to detail versus the larger companies. We can customize to a much higher degree. You want every panel stitched differently or in different colors, piping on the fronts, not in rears, etc. we can do that. Everything here is also hand made. We have been around since 1942 (I've only been with AutoCraft since last year) and we pay special attention to exactly what your needs/wants are for your upholstery. If you want a special embroidery, you can send it in to us and we can do it. Some companies only do specific emroidering that they have available. Feel free to ask any other questions you guys have!

-Patrick

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its nice to see there are still some locally made quality products with extra attention to detail. If you post some examples of your work I bet there will be a lot more interest.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would be glad to post pictures up on the forum. However, I am unsure how to do it correctly. Everytime I do, it comes up with a little small box with an X in it. I can post links to my facebook where I have many pictures of interiors from us. Please advise on what route would be best!:confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im trying to see if this image was posted..can anyone advise on how to import pictures into the forum threads??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is an earlier generation MR2 set of custom seats. We do not have pictures of newer ones yet. We do have the patterns as I have mentioned before. I can try to get a sample seat custom stitched. I hope this furthers the posts interest!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts