MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,005 Posts
To each their own I guess. Looks to me like an aftermarket Subi wing that was fitted to a Spyder. I would guess from some sort of non US 2.5 RS.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
When I bought my car it came with this abomination attached. It's a perfect wing for funneling rain water into your engine bay. I have nothing to show for it now except 5 holes in my engine lid. Maybe I can dig up a picture of it.

EDIT: Here you go. I'm 90% sure it's the same wing.
(original thread of me LITERALLY asking the same question. In fact, it makes me suspiscious enough to think that OP is a bot account)

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
When I bought my car it came with this abomination attached. It's a perfect wing for funneling rain water into your engine bay. I have nothing to show for it now except 5 holes in my engine lid. Maybe I can dig up a picture of it.

(original thread of me LITERALLY asking the same question. In fact, it makes me suspiscious enough to think that OP is a bot account)

View attachment 91573
Bigger question, did you ever figure out where that tonneau cover came from?...asking for a friend of course....

·
Registered
2001 2zz supercharged MR2
1,619 Posts

View attachment 91573
Hrm, not liking it as much now!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've seen this wing in Japan picture. 80~90's design.
Japanese installed the spoiler "X-Type" from a Nissan S13. It's fat but not bad at all on profil side.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
DAMD Aero Bulge. The only tonneau cover that fits 100% perfectly.
Definitely didn't realize this was still available for order. Is it permanently/semi-permanently attached or easily removable to be used when you want it?

Kinda sorry for the thread drift...but only kinda at best since I think ppl will also be interested to know

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Definitely didn't realize this was still available for order. Is it permanently/semi-permanently attached or easily removable to be used when you want it?

Kinda sorry for the thread drift...but only kinda at best since I think ppl will also be interested to know
I don't know if it's available to order. It uses 2 "cleats" in the rear and two brackets attached to the seatbelt plastics. The whole thing weights maybe 15 pounds? Comes on and off in 10 seconds. I sold the tonneau cover to another member here.

The few people that own the DAMD version are likely not looking to sell it. The replicas of it lack some of the cuvature need for a perfect fit. Search for tonneau cover in this forums and you'll see pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts