MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah monocraft gt300, hard to tell if its the real deal though. Thats a fugly paint job imo ... noticed a few interior pieces missing like the audio and the top dash storage lid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping to nego a better price for the kit alone and trading in my stock parts. This has been stuck with the dealer for almost a year alr. Its bound for the scrap yard if no exporter picks it up in 2 weeks or so

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
What the heck is road tax? 900 dollars a year?
Road tax in asia is stupid high. I think in Singapore you have to "buy" the privalage of owning a car. In some cases it could cost roughly 30k for a 5 year period of time. When that term is up you have to do it all over again. Or so I have been told the last time I was there.

Lets not get into the fact that cars in southeast asia cost atleast double of what they do in the US. Example base model 2012 Camry cost 60k in some parts of asia. This doesn't include the taxes etc... To be blunt you don't own a car in Asia unless you have money. Sometimes we take this luxury as a birthright here where in the rest of the world it's a very big lux item.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep ya spot on. Basically in singapore to own a road legal car currently it costs:

1) roughly usd 64k for the rights to use ur vehicle on public roads for 10yrs
2) yearly recurring road tax of usd 500-2000ish depending on engine capacity
3) insurance
4) import price of ride marked up by 120% or so worth of import duties.

Yes, the pain.

Anyway back to the little orange rocket. The dealer offered me the whole thing for abt 3.3k usd. Which i HAVE to scrap in a month. Scraping is defined by the authorities as chasis n engine block only. I can keep the rest.

I was originally interested only in the body kit. But at this price excluding labour. Im wondering wat else i can salvage. Probably :
1)bodykit. It looks like bumper, 2 skirts, 4 fenders. Rear is stock i tink
2)suspension
3)big break kit
4) 17in rim n tyres. Mine r 16 stock
5) hardtop
6) lights assembly for spares?
Truth is i have yet to even look under the bonnet. I wouldnt know anyway. I will try to bring it an expert later today?. Post some pics maybe.

Opinions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.