MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a white 2003 Spyder and found it has a bad antenna. I have been reading about antennas on the forum here and nobody has mentioned reusing the current wire. I don't really want to remove the console and all. There are ways to cut the current wire and add some connectors to hook them together.

So has anyone done this? Why is everyone replacing the entire wire?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
The antenna wire disconnects under the right rear storage bin area (above the gas tank). If you were to buy a manual conversion kit from me, it comes with instructions. If you just get a replacement electric unit from the dealer, they would be helpful too. Just let me know and I'll link you to the .pdf.

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
You don't want to mess with covalent bonding. The electrons get pissed when they start missing their buddies.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Stuff you might need

If you cut the coax, you will let all of the ohms out! I sell a package of 1000 ohms for $5 plus postage for shipping. Let me know if you need any. :lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys rock. Thanks for the advice! I am a bit concerned about the short antennas lack of signal strength but that might be the way to go.

Again, thanks!

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
haha. Short Antennas FTW!!!

If you live in an area where your radio reception is not solid, then any short antenna will probably not work out for you. Size does matter with those things. However, in my area, they work great. It's only when traveling out of town that I notice stations cut out sooner than the did with the huge stock antenna.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts