MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I think its's excellent, except if you are putting on such a big wing you need serious horsepower, else it's a ricer...

Funny note:
- he/she went through all that effort of aftermarket + debadging and the steering wheel still has the cowboy hat. I assume that's on purpose.
- What's an 'SMG' Transmission...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey, Dev, let's have another contest!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seen for sale ads from a dealer in Dublin, CA for that car. They were asking for $20k then.

·
Registered
362 Posts
that MrS been on sale ever since I bought my MrS off of the same dealership lot...

Its nices it seem to be a aquire taste. Heck If it was with out the lip and the splitter and a solid color with a 2zz Ill bought that instead ^_^

(hope ya like the bbq pork in that last big meet... )

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,818 Posts
IF it was truly built by Toyota for SEMA
and
IF it only has 35K on the chassis

It might be worth the 15K as a show car/novelty. Would need a close up inspection. And a check of the documentation.

EDIT: Needs a Turbo.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If it was for a SEMA show, why is the interior completely stock? It's not bad exteriorly, just get rid of the little 'winglets' on the front and the BFW. It would look less 'busy' if it was a single color (too many distractions to the eye), and might look better as well. Lastly, powder blue doesn't exactly scream 'race car'.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Too bad it's a smt, and circa 1993 country kitchen blue.
Actually it states that it's a SMG ("...2003 Toyota MR-Spyder, 1.8 VVTi 4-cyl, SMG Transmission..."). I think that stands for Submachine Gun. That would be kinda cool.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Hey, Dev, let's have another contest!!
Sure lets do that. I tell you what, I will donate the keyhole cover set if you can set up the rules and time limit.

BTW that is one ugly Spyder. Rice to the max.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts