MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, are ya'? This is my "normal day" for an/the Indiana meet(last year called "The 1st Annual xbiker Indiana Meet", held Saturday, 9-25-21).
I know this is throwing it out there kinda late, but other meets, i.e. "The Razorback Run"-"Deals Gap" etc, have had late "let's do a meet" startup.
So, is anyone interested? If so, post here or pm me.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool on both. What are you doing, I figure, to "the widebody"; mechanical or body?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, I remember Dean's isn't a wb.
Gotta roll...enjoy...later!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, anyone else?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, are ya'? This is my "normal day" for an/the Indiana meet(last year called "The 1st Annual xbiker Indiana Meet", held Saturday, 9-25-21).
I know this is throwing it out there kinda late, but other meets, i.e. "The Razorback Run"-"Deals Gap" etc, have had late "let's do a meet" startup.
So, is anyone interested? If so, post here or pm me.
Enjoy!
What route is being driven?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LARRY !!! .... where's Larry , DAVE !!! ... Where's Dave
I need to text Larry(he doesn't come around much)...Dave's been in contact on mr2-spyder.
And I have someone else I need to try contacting...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What route is being driven?
Are you familiar with Indiana? Probably have breakfast in Spencer, Crossroads 46 Dinner, then IN43 South from IN46 to Bedford. Then 1, possibly East to Story and then head back West, or 2, head South from Bedford to Loogootee and then back North, or 3, START in extreme Southern Indiana, taking IN62 West from New Albany to Owensboro KY(I've never done that entire route, so the drive time is unknown to me). From KY, we could head North or back East.
I'll be driving the last "possibility" in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok phatts, I just texted Larry...:)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still haven't heard from Larry...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, the meet will go Saturday, 6-4. We'll have breakfast in the New Albany area, break in Leavenworth(no not that Leavenworth), then have a late lunch, early dinner in Owensboro KY. I'm hoping to get down there next week to drive the route and check out the Owensboro restaurant.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, Larry did respond, but no word on joining in or not.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That weekend I am travelling for work, but I would definitely try for the next one!
I wish you could, but ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do!

Ok, real quick...SW-Indy/Larry(he won't be doing the meet) and I drove to Southern IN and did a test drive of the meet route. I had never driven IN66, so it was a definite learning experience. What a terrific drive...twists, turns and some cool scenery(I don't usually pay attention, but this was kinda cool).

Anyway, Larry wasn't staying to eat at the Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn, in Owensboro KY, so I went in and was seated. I asked my waitress what was "good", and she said 98% of their customers had the buffet, so, I had the buffet(98% can't be wrong, right!?). Now, I'm not a big bbq-er, so my impression was...I wasn't impressed. Was the food and cost value good? Yes. Was it worth an extra 38min/34miles(actually, double that, if going back to the New Albany area)? Personally, not in my book. My personal suggestion? Drive to Wall's Drive In/Cannelton, grab a soft drink, then drive back to The Overlook/Leavenworth and have lunch(~2hr35min drive). There are things to do, as in sight seeing(Google the Butt Drugs (in Corydon)commercial), or dropping in on a winery and picking up a bottle or three.
For those who've done the Razorback Run, the BBQ place we always seemed to visit was better then Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn.

Anyway, please give some thoughts...but not to drive to Arkansas ;);)

Thanks, and good night!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts